Integrated Pest Management
Welcome to the University of Idaho Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Center. Our goal is to provide educational information and resources for the pest management needs of Idaho. We strive to help the people of Idaho reduce risks to human health, the environment and the economy caused by pests and pest management practices.
News & Events
Pre-License Training for Ornamental Pesticide Applicators
We will offer pre-license training during the 2022 Idaho Horticulture Expo in Boise. This training will be in-person with a two-day agenda. Focus will be on the following categories: Ornamental Insecticide (OI), Ornamental Herbicide (OH), General Pest (GP) and Core (CO).
Registration includes access to eLearning modules and study materials housed on the National Extension Foundation website. These materials prepare students for the two-day training and the statewide exams. All materials will be available to each registered student with continued access until three weeks after the training.
When: Jan. 20-21, 2022, daily at 9 a.m. (MT)
Where: Boise Centre, 850 W Front St., Boise, ID 83702
Limit 45 students
Cost: Free. This educational training is funded through an ISDA grant. There will be no cost to the student.
- Register with your Idaho pesticide license number and email address. (No out-of-state credits available.)
- Receive the study materials and instructions from firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 business hours.
- Registration will be open Jan. 1-14, 2022. Registration will close 6 a.m. (MT) Jan.15.
COVID-19 restrictions will be determined by the instructors. Registered students will be notified of the current guidelines.
Pesticide Pre-License Training
This training has a 4-day agenda with live instruction via Zoom and access to educational materials to complete at your own pace. You will meet online twice daily divided into 2.5-hour sections.
- March 14-17, 2022 — 9-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- March 28-31, 2022 — 9-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4 p.m. (Mountain Time)
Enrollment is $50 per student for the weeklong training.
Note: Enrollment will close the Wednesday prior to the scheduled start date.
- Click the Register Today link below.
- Choose a session.
- Enroll with your contact information.
- Click continue
- Add another attendee by clicking “Add another attendee”, if desired
- Complete the required fields for each attendee.
- Continue to confirm your order.
- Receive the Zoom link and instructions from email@example.com within 24 business hours. It is important to check your email regularly or save firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact. This will reduce losing the email.
Meadow Voles and Pocket Gophers
- Registered pesticides (PDF) updated June 10, 2020
Idaho Home*A*Syst Project Workbook
Are your homestead practices affecting your drinking water? Check out the Homestead Assessment System Workbook (PDF).