Integrated Pest Management
Welcome to the University of Idaho Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Center. Our goal is to provide educational information and resources for the pest management needs of Idaho. We strive to help the people of Idaho reduce risks to human health, the environment and the economy caused by pests and pest management practices.
News & Events
Pesticide Recertification Webinar Series for 2020
The University of Idaho (UI) Extension Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) is offering one-hour webinars for pesticide recertification credit, via Zoom (no camera required) video conferencing.
Each one-hour webinar is $10 per applicator. Completed webinars receive 1-pesticide recertification credit (plus great knowledge). Note: All webinars begin at noon (Mountain Time). See the webinar series schedule listed here:
- Oct. 27, Carol Black, WSU — Risk Assessment and PPE Label Statements
- Nov. 3, Dr. Morgan Willming, IDHW — Understanding Pesticide Toxicity and Health Risks
- Nov. 10, Andy West, UI Extension — IPM Methods for Controlling Landscape Pests
- Nov. 17, Brad Stokes, UI Extension — Toxicity and Non-Target Effects of Pesticides to Idaho Pollinators and Beneficial Insects
- Dec. 1, Mary Ridout, UI Extension — How to Make Plants Sick: Plant Disease and Management Practices
- Dec. 3, Steve Hines, UI Extension — Choosing residential herbicides to prevent increasing resistance
- Dec. 8, Doug Finkelnburg, UI Extension — Herbicide Resistance Management and Mitigation in Agricultural Weeds
- Dec. 10, Danielle Gunn, UI Extension — Weed Management
- Dec. 15, Dr. Curtis Cooper, ISDA — Idaho’s Pesticide and Water Quality Program: Ground and Surface Water Quality
- Dec. 17, Robert Mahler, UI Professor of Environmental Science — Pesticide Leaching in the Pacific Northwest
- Dec. 22, Kimberly Tate, UI Extension — Managing and Avoiding Pesticide Drift
How to enroll for the webinar(s):
- Each webinar is $10 per applicator.
- Be prepared to provide your email and applicator license number.
- To receive one pesticide credit: Pesticide applicators must answer questions within the webinar session. This requires individual computer access for each user. Answers will be collected to confirm attendance was maintained for the entire webinar.
- Email email@example.com with instructions on how to access Zoom.
- Enroll today (Note: Day of the webinar — enrollment closes at 9 a.m.)
Marketplace does accept webCheck payments with routing and account numbers. If your company has issue with webCheck-payment requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pesticide Pre-License Training
Schedule unknown at this time.
Meadow Voles and Pocket Gophers
- Registered pesticides (PDF) updated June 10, 2020
Idaho Home*A*Syst Project Workbook
Are your homestead practices affecting your drinking water? Check out the Homestead Assessment System Workbook (PDF).