Integrated Pest Management
Welcome to the University of Idaho Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Center. Our goal is to provide educational information and resources for the pest management needs of Idaho. We strive to help the people of Idaho reduce risks to human health, the environment and the economy caused by pests and pest management practices.
News & Events
February is National Pesticide Safety Education Month! Support your local programs and promote safe pesticide use. For more information, visit Pesticide Environmental Stewardship.
2017 Pesticide Stewardship Conference Presentations
- Managing Pesticide Drift (PDF)
- Weather Models and Predictive Tools for IPM (PDF)
- Nozzles and Technology to Manage Pesticide Drift (PDF)
- Use of Adjuvants and Pesticide Performance (PDF)
1. Agriculture Pest Management
- Herbicides and Resistant Weeds (PDF)
- Agricultural Insect Management (PDF)
- Manage Downy Brome (PDF)
- Management of Pesticide Drift (PDF)
2. Ornamental (Urban) Pest Management
2018 Pre-Licensing Training for Pesticide Applicators
- Jerome: Feb. 6 to 9 at Idaho Fish and Game
- Idaho Falls: Feb. 27 to March 2 at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls Airport
- Lewiston: March 6 to 9, Ketch Pen (Lewiston Roundup Grounds)
- Caldwell: March 13 to 16,* UI Caldwell Research and Extension Complex
- Brochure (PDF)
*March 12 is added for urban applicator categories ONLY.
The Pacific Northwest Pest Alert covers Idaho and surrounding states with real-time alerts, plus management recommendations.
Meadow Voles & Pocket Gophers
Registered pesticides (PDF) updated June 10, 2015
Pesticide Safety Education
Pesticide applicator pre-license training, recertification classes and reference information.
UI Extension publications to help you manage your crops.