North Idaho Cereals
The University of Idaho Extension cereals program for northern Idaho is based in Moscow at the Palouse Research, Extension and Education Center.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Evaluate and report cereal and grain legume cultivar performance and adaptation for existing and new cultivars for agronomic and quality characteristics.
- Evaluate management trials on production and marketing of grains.
- Provide training and support to UI Extension county educators, agribusiness personnel and grain producers.
- Develop new education information and delivery systems to assist the cereal industry.
- Provide support to state and private breeding programs.