IAHR Idaho Student Chapter
IAHR, the International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research, promotes the advancement and exchange of knowledge through working groups, specialty symposia, congresses, and publications on topics including water resources, river and coastal hydraulics, risk analysis, energy, environment, disaster prevention and industrial processes. Among the variety of activities which are undertaken to achieve our mission are:
- Event organization: congresses, specialty conferences, workshops and continuing education courses
- Technical meetings
- Regional meetings with other chapters
- European Engineering Graduate School Environment Water: IAHR-EGW, Stuttgart
- Participation in international programs such as UNESCO, WMO and ICSU
- Promotion of student activities
IAHR STUDENT CHAPTERS
IAHR is keen to support the education and professional development of future engineers and scientists in the hydraulic community. Through IAHR Student Chapters, students gather to share experiences, do special projects and take part in IAHR activities such as the biennial congress, thereby taking the opportunity to learn from IAHR members and create a useful network for their future careers.
Student Chapter activities include:
- Research seminars, discussions or workshops
- Field trips to visit local hydraulic works
- Group research projects
- Group trips to IAHR symposia, workshops and congresses
- Informal collaborative activities with neighboring Student Chapters
- Fundraising efforts to garner support for member participation in IAHR Congresses and other forums
- Application to IAHR for hosting an IAHR Lectureship
The Idaho Student Chapter of IAHR meets regularly to discuss opportunities in which we can further promote the education and career opportunities of students in hydraulics and engineering. We plan educational field trips and activities.
For more information and/or involvement, please contact Professor Daniele Tonina at email@example.com.