Degrees in Chemical Engineering
Our department offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in chemical engineering.
On an average day in the U.S., we consume 9 million barrels of gasoline, 4 million barrels of diesel, 63,000 tons of fertilizer, 350,000 tons of paper and 74,000 tons of plastics. Chemical engineers play a crucial role in transforming raw materials into useful products.
Applying principles of chemistry, biology, physics and math, chemical engineers optimize chemical processes to create products that are efficient, high-quality, environmentally safe and improve society.
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- 92% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – First Destination Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- More Scholarships Awarded than any 4-year public engineering college in Idaho.
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.