Joshua P. Bailey, Ph.D.
Joshua P. Bailey, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, ISMMAL Coordinator, Exercise, Sport, and Health Sciences
875 Perimeter Drive
Moscow, ID 83844-2401
- Ph.D., University of Nevada Las Vegas, Kinesiology — Biomechanics, 2017
- M.S., University of Nevada Las Vegas, Kinesiology — Biomechanics, 2014
- B.S., University of Nevada Las Vegas, Kinesiology — Fitness Management, 2012
- UWSOM Triple outstanding Research Mentor Award, university of Washington School of Medicine, 2021
- NROTC Faculty Recognition, University of Idaho, 2019 & 2020
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Fraternity & Sorority Life, University of Idaho, 2019
- Understanding how endurance runners manipulate their gait pattern throughout an endurance training run.
- Dawson Elementary Student Outreach (2015), Laboratory activity tours UNLV prospective students. (Vicon, Biodex, Alter-G, Shoe testing & Force plate demonstrations).
- Rebel STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Academy, Laboratory activity tours UNLV prospective students. (Vicon, Biodex, Alter-G, Shoe testing & Force plate demonstrations) Once a semester from April 2013 – Spring 2016.
- James Dexter, P.T., M.A. University of New Mexico, Director, Center for Gait and Motion Analysis, UNM Health Sciences Center, Division of Physical Therapy. Vicon-Delsys Trigno: integration and analysis demonstration.
Grants and Contracts Awarded
- Mercer, J.A., Zhan, J., Navalta, J., Lough, N., Gatlin, T., Bailey, J.P., Barker, L., & Craig-Jones, A. (2016) NSF: Partnerships for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity. (Amount requested $1 million).
- Mercer, J.A., Bailey, J.P., and Barker, L. (2016) United States of America Track and Field. (Amount requested: $123,217)
- Bailey, J.P. (2016) Graduate & Professional Student (GPSA) Travel Grant, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA $475
- Mercer, J.A., Bailey,J.P., Barker, L., and Soucy, M. (2015) Arthritis foundation. $75,000 (unfunded)
- Bailey, J.P. (2015) Graduate & Professional Student (GPSA) Research Grant, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA $775
- Bailey, J.P. and Mercer, J.A. (2015) National Strength & Conditioning Association Doctoral Research Grant $15,000 (unfunded)
- Bailey, J.P. and Dufek, J.S. (2012) INBRE (Institutional Development Award Network of Biomedical Research Excellence) Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA $4000
- Nordin A.D., Bailey, J.P., & Dufek, J.S. Implications of increased lower extremity movement variability on fall susceptibility at increased stride lengths during locomotion. 2013 American Society of Mechanical Engineers International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition Conference Proceedings, November 2013.
- Bailey, J.P., Freedman-Silvernail, J., Dufek, J.S., & Mercer, J.A. (Submitted June 2017). Effects of perceived fatigue on coordination patterns and variability during an interval treadmill run. Sports Biomechanics.
- Bailey, J.P., Freedman-Silvernail, J., Dufek, J.S., & Mercer, J.A. (Submitted June 2017). Effects of treadmill running velocity on lower extremity coordination variability in healthy runners. Human Movement Science.
- Bailey, J.P., Navalta, J., Freedman-Silvernail, J., Dufek, J.S., Van Vliet, R., & Mercer, J.A. (Submitted June 2017). Effects of cost of running on lower extremity coordination patterns. Journal of Sports Sciences.
- Masumoto, K., Soucy, M.T., Bailey, J.P. & Mercer, J.A. (In Press 2017). Muscle activity during backward and forward running with body weight support. Human Movement Science.
- Bailey, J., Mata, T. & Mercer, J. (Submitted May 2017). Is the relationship between stride length, frequency, and velocity influenced by running on a treadmill or overground. International Journal of Exercise Science.
- Lee, SP, Bailey, J.P., Barton, S., Brown, D., & Joyce, T. (2017). Adaptations of lumbar biomechanics after a four-week running training with minimalist shoes and techniques: implications for running-related lower back pain. Physical Therapy in Sport. DOI 10.1016/j.ptsp.2016.11.004
- Bailey, J.P., Mercer, J.A., and Dufek, J.S. (2016). A Comprehensive Kinematic Analysis During a 15 km Submaximal Training Run. Int J Sports and Exerc Med., 2:039. ISSN: 2469-5718.
- Masumoto, K., Bailey, J.P., & Mercer, J.A. (2015). Determining if muscle activity is related to preferred stride frequency during running in the water and on land. Eur J Appl Physiol, 115, 2691-2700. DOI 10.1007/s00421-015-3234-5.