Juhee Kim, Ph.D., Ed.D.
Juhee Kim, Ph.D., Ed.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor, Educational Leadership
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 3087
Moscow ID 83844-3087
- Ph.D., Myongji University, Seoul, South Korea, Youth Education and Leadership — Life Effectiveness of Youth Activities, 2008
- Ed.D., Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies — Extracurricular Activity on Leadership Development, 2021
- M.Ed., Myongji University, Seoul, South Korea, Youth Education and Leadership — Youth Activity, Protection & Welfare, 2000
- B.A., Myongji University, Seoul, South Korea, Youth Education and Leadership, 1998
Juhee Kim is an assistant professor of educational leadership at the University of Idaho. Dr. Kim received her second doctorate in educational leadership and policy studies from Eastern Kentucky University in 2021. Before that, she earned a Ph.D. degree in youth education and leadership from Myongji University. She was born in South Korea and moved to the United States in 2017.
Dr. Kim has 15 years of teaching experience at the collegiate and graduate level as a visiting professor while working for the Korea Youth Work Agency which executes national education policy and system. She supported youth activity policies, leader training, and accredited leadership programs as well as administrative work with 17 local governmental youth agencies, K-12 public schools/districts, and higher education institutions.
- Student Leadership Development
- Co-curricular & Extracurricular activity
- Social Change
- International Volunteering & Exchange
- Community Partnership
- Kim, J. (2021). The empirical study of extracurricular activity on socially responsible leadership. Journal of Leadership Education, 21(1), 1-17
- Kim, J. (2021). A case study of international student’s challenges. Kentucky Journal of Excellence in College Teaching and Learning, 17, 84-95
- Kim, J. (2020). A case study analysis of the student success center. International Journal of Advanced Research, 8(9), 1145-1149
- Kim, J. (2016). The study for concept establishment of youth culture through the art culture territory. The Korea Society of Science & Art, 24, 135-142
- Kim, J., & Kwack, S. (2015). The study of policy for compound youth cultural artwork and civil competence. The Korea Society of Science & Art, 2015, 21, 153-162.
- Kim, J., & Kwack, S. (2015). The study on the explored participation effects of international youth exchange participants. The Korea Society of Science & Art, 19, 231-242.
- Park, S., & Kim, J., et al. (2013). Youth Work and Practice. Jung Min Publisher.
- Jo, A., & Kim, J., et al. (2011). Sexuality Education. Hakji Publisher.
- Kim, J., & Kwon, I. (2008). A study on life effectiveness throughout youth training Activity Experience. Future-Oriented Youth Society, 5(3), 155-176.
- Kim, J., & Thompson, S. (2018). Diversity & social justice entries project. Eastern Kentucky University.
- Kim, J., & Shon, H., et al. (2016). A study on the mid-long-term strategy for youth international volunteers. Korea Youth Work Agency.
- Kim, J., & Oh, H., et al. (2015). A study of the youth happiness community’s index and construction project III. National Youth Policy Institute of Korea.
- Song, M., & Kim, J., et al. (2014-2015). Development of national competency standards learning module project. Human Resources Development Service of Korea.
- Kim, J., & Seoung, E., et al. (2014). Development of youth unification experience program. The Ministry of Unification. Korea.
- Park, S., & Kim, J., et al. (2011). The perceptions on the international youth exchange participation effects. National Youth Policy Institute of Korea.
- Oh, H., & Kim, J., et al. (2009). Development of youth global competency indicators and research on how to use them. National Youth Policy Institute of Korea.
- Lee, K., & Kim, J., et al. (2011). Regional resource linkage pilot project for creative experience activities. Korea Youth Work Agency.
- Kim, J., & Jeon, M., et al. (2011). The manual and operation case book about creative experience activities connected with local resources. Korea Youth Work Agency.
- Exemplary Youth Leader Award: The Ministry of Education, Science, & Technology, South Korea, 2011
- Outstanding Youth leader Award: The Ministry of Culture and Tourism, South Korea, 2004