Boise, IWC 440J
322 E. Front Street, Boise, ID 83702
- Ph.D. in progress, University of Idaho, Education, emphasis in Online Pedagogy, expected Spring 2018
- M.Ed., National University, Cross-Cultural Teaching, 2004
- B.A., Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Journalism, 1992
- California Administrative Credential, Tier I, 2007
- Idaho Standard Secondary Business Technology Credential, 2009
- California Clear Teaching Credential: Business, Journalism, Crosscultural, Language & Academic Development Emphasis, 2004
- Faculty of the Month, College of Western Idaho, 2010
- ROP Teacher of the Year, Yolo County, 2004-2005
- Microsoft-certified: Word (Expert), Excel and PowerPoint
Prior to joining the University of Idaho, Carol Billing was the founding department chair and associate professor in the Education department at the College of Western Idaho. For the past seven years she has been instructing teacher preparation courses, computer applications and freshmen orientation courses. In addition to teaching, Carol is the past president of the National Association of Community College Teachers Education Programs (NACCTEP) and she often serves as a grant reviewer for local and national organizations. Prior to CWI, Carol was a high school business teacher in a small, rural high school in northern California.
Currently Carol is enrolled in the doctoral program researching online pedagogy at the University of Idaho. Outside of work, Carol enjoys riding her horses, hiking and adventures with her boys.
- Online Pedagogy
- Curriculum Development
- Non-traditional instructional strategies