Campus & Community Resources
Lactation Rooms on Campus
Private, lockable rooms. Learn more about amenities available at each location.
There are several scholarships created for students on the U of I campus.
Learn how you can help the Women's Center by contributing to our blog, hosting an event and sharing your experiences.
- AWARE - Arming Women Against Rape & Endangerment; a great site that offers great educational resources about personal safety for women. The group also offers self-defense classes.
- Feminist Majority Foundation - An organization that fights for women's rights around the world and crusades for equality in reproductive health issues.
- Battered Women's Support Services - A group that provides support for women who have experienced abuse, and also promotes advocacy to prevent violence against women.
- Women Watch - The United Nations group that promoted gender equality throughout the world.
- UNIFEM - The United Nations fund that provides financial assistance to gender equality campaigns.
- Global Fund for Women - A group that provides grants and funding to women's groups that aid in eliminating poverty and violence.
- METRAC - The Metropolitan Action Committee on Violence Against Women and Children; a Canadian non-profit that aims to end violence against women and children.
- Ms. Foundation - This group funds and promotes activism among women, and helped launch the famous Take Our Daughters To Work Day.
- Moscow League of Women Voters
- Moscow Women’s Giving Circle
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Crunk Feminist Collective
- Echidne of the Snake
- Feminist Peace Network
- Feminists for Choice
- Finally, a Feminism 101 Blog
- Frieda's Feminist Book Blog
- Right To Be
- Mama Ph.D.
- Sociological Images
- The F-Word
- Tiger Beatdown
- Women's and Gender Studies Blog
- Yes Means Yes!
- Violence Prevention Programs – Committed to personal, campus and community safety.
- Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse – Help for victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Stonewall Health Project – The Stonewall Health Project is a regional HIV prevention program addressing the physical, psychological and emotional health of men who have sex with men, impacting sexual decisions, promoting healthy choices and affirming personal sexuality.
- U of I Women's and Gender Studies Program – Offering a minor in the interdisciplinary program that helps women and men understand the role that gender has in our society as well as globally.
- WSU Women's Resource Center – The mission of the Women’s Resource Center is to facilitate a work and learning environment at Washington State University that supports the success and empowerment of all women students, staff and faculty, as individuals and as a community.
- WSU Department of Women's Studies – Women's studies is an interdisciplinary field of research and teaching that places gender and women at the center of inquiry.
- Ombuds Office - Promoting and supporting a positive and productive working, learning and living environment for the entire Vandal community by improving communication, addressing problems and preventing and resolving conflicts that emerge within the university.
- Community Action – The Community Service Block Grant program provides States and Federal and State-recognized Indian Tribes with funds to provide a range of services to address the needs of low income individuals to ameliorate the causes and conditions of poverty. The CSBG is administered by the Division of State Assistance in the Office of Community Services (OCS).
- Women of Color Alliance – The Women of Color Alliance strives to unite women of color in a strong common bond, so that women can change destructive racial disharmony by actively leading our families and society, in honoring our powerful cultural diversity and responding to humanity’s call for love, respect, compassion and service.
- Your Family, Friends, and Neighbors – Promote respect and understanding for all people, especially in regard to sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Defending Women's Rights in America and Around the World — A list of resource links on women's history, employment, suffrage and human and civil rights, compiled by Aizman Law Firm.
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League — Supports and promotes a woman's pro-choice rights.
- Women in the Ancient World — A series of articles about the role of women in ancient cultures like Egypt, Rome and Greece.
- Documents from the Women's Liberation Movement — An archive of articles about women's liberation in the 1960's and 1970s from Duke University.
- Guerrilla Girls — A fun, alternative feminist group that uses humor and facts spread advocacy — all while wearing gorilla masks.
- Women's Health — Government site dedicated to the latest news and facts on issues important to women's health.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline — A number for women to call if they have been victims of dating or domestic violence.
- A Celebration of Women Writers — An amazing collection of women authors throughout history; searchable by name, time period, country and ethnicity.
- Jeannette Rankin Foundation — A non-profit that raises money to award scholarships to low-income students over the age of 35 who wish to further their educations.
- RAINN — The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network; provides assistance and resources for women who are victims of sexual abuse.
- Sexual Assault — FAQs on sexual assault and what to do if you've been assaulted.
Sign Up For Updates
Sign up for updates from the Women's Center, including the weekly newsletter to stay informed about upcoming events, programs and opportunities for activism.