Flu and Other Vaccines
CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect against the potentially serious outcomes of COVID-19 illness this fall and winter. Additionally, it is important to get the flu vaccine early every flu season--which runs from late summer/early fall through spring. After getting a flu vaccine, it takes about two weeks for your body to develop the antibodies to protect you from the seasonal flu.
Most plans cover vaccines as preventative care at 100%, including the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) and U of I employee prescription and medical plans. Check with your insurance provider to verify your benefits.
Moscow Campus Clinic Dates
The Moscow Campus Clinics will be held in the Student Rec Center, room 103, from:
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 11
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 26
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 3
Registration ahead of time is recommended. Walk-ins will be accepted as capacity allows. Find out more information about the events.
If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled flu shot clinics, you’re encouraged to make an appointment at the Vandal Health Clinic to get your flu vaccine by calling 208-885-6693. The Vandal Health Clinic is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For information about the clinic and the variety of services provided to all students, faculty and staff and their dependents, visit the Vandal Health Clinic webpage.
Additional Vaccine Locations
You can also receive a flu vaccine by visiting a local clinic or pharmacy. Proof of insurance may still be required, so check with the clinic or pharmacy for details and your insurance provider to verify your benefits.
- Prior to your arrival, check for symptoms of COVID-19 or other viruses like fever, cough, shortness of breath or headache. If you are showing any symptoms, please do not attend the event
- If you know or think you’ve been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please do not attend the event
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Bring your medical insurance information and photo identification