UI Women Lead
Thursdays | 5:00-7:00 pm | Department of Student Involvement Office, 302, Idaho Commons
October 12 | October 26 | November 9
In partnership with the UI Women’s Center, we offer a specialized leadership development program for sophomore and junior Vandals who identify as women. The program includes three engaging and discussion-based sessions. The content, exploration, and analysis build over the course of these sessions. The goal of this program is to build a network of UI women undergraduates with enhanced confidence in their leadership capabilities and higher sense of purpose.
Facilitation is conducted by experienced and dynamic leadership development professionals. The UI Women Lead program is inclusive and meets participants where they are in their leadership journey.
UI Women Lead participants will:
- Deconstruct and reconstruct the meaning of leader and leadership
- Explore how our identities, power, and social location impact perceptions of leadership
- Guide women in building their confidence and leadership efficacy and capacities
- Enhance their self-awareness and authentic leadership-self
- Build connections with a variety of women leaders around campus
- Discuss and analyze the common challenges that women leaders face and strategize how to overcome these challenges