UI Women Lead
UI Women Lead addresses and challenges oppressive theories that women encounter as leaders and promotes a network of women leaders on campus. Women will walk away with enhanced confidence in their leadership capabilities and higher sense of purpose.
Held annually during the fall semester. Check back here in summer 2020 for information on dates and times for the next UI Women Lead program.
During UI Women Lead, participants will:
- Deconstruct and reconstruct the meaning of leader and leadership
- Explore how identities, power, and social location impact perceptions of leadership
- Build confidence and leadership efficacy and capacities
- Enhance self-awareness and authentic leadership-self
- Build connections with a variety of women leaders around campus
- Discuss and analyze the common challenges that women leaders face and devise strategies to overcome these challenges