Work for the Department of Student Involvement
Involvement Specialists are responsible for the general administration, development, promotion and implementation of programs hosted by the Department of Student Involvement. Involvement Specialists provide resources and assistance that help to make the University of Idaho a rich and vibrant campus by providing programs and support for over 200 student organizations, orchestrating multiple volunteer programs and organizing campus wide leadership and entertainment opportunities.
About Our Organization:
We are the Department of Student Involvement (DSI), and we work to engage students in events and opportunities outside of the classroom. We have eight areas in our department:
- ASUI Student Government
- Student Clubs
- Leadership Programs
- Center for Volunteerism and Social Action
- Vandal Entertainment
- Student Media
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Student Sustainability Cooperative
Our purpose is to empower students to "get involved" so they find their passion, purpose, and community, elevating their University of Idaho experience- personally, professionally, and academically. This means each day we are busy supporting and serving students and their organizations as well as creating fun, educational, and impactful programs, and events.
DSI's values include: Integrity, Authenticity, Inclusive Community, Well-being, and Empowerment.
About the Team:
DSI employs a team of student leaders that operate as an interactive support team which aids the professional staff in all areas of the department while promoting involvement opportunities to all students on U of I’s campus. They are called Involvement Specialists!
Our Involvement Specialists play an important role in our department’s mission of “Empowering students to challenge their standards, grow as independent thinkers, seek the truth, build inclusive communities, and have fun while doing it.”
While all our Specialists’ work focuses in a specific area of the department, they are each responsible for providing ongoing consultations to U of I students and represent the entire department in various ways outlined here:
- Table at involvement fairs or presenting at prospective student events.
- Meet with prospective and current students to share various involvement opportunities available to them at U of I.
- Conduct trainings and workshops to aid in sharing information about involvement to students, staff and faculty.
- One-on-one consultations with students to provide a brief overview and connect student to their new involvement opportunity.
- Maintain, utilize, and regularly promote our platform Engage UIdaho, Corq App and DSI programs.
- Attend U of I recruitment events or classroom visits to promote DSI to potential and current students.
- Leadership and Student Organization Coordinator (2 positions available, work-study eligible)
- Alternative Service Break Coordinator (2 positions available, work-study eligible)
- Digital Media Specialist (1 position available, work-study eligible)
- Vandal Entertainment Event Planner (5 positions available, work-study eligible)
- Graphic Designer (2 positions available, work-study eligible)
- Sustainability Center Events Lead (1 position available, work-study eligible)
- Sustainability Center Campus Projects Lead (1 position available, work-study eligible)
- Sustainability Center Recycling Lead (1 position available, work-study eligible)
- Sustainability Center Marketing Lead (1 position available, work-study eligible)
- Vandal Food Pantry Coordinator (3 positions available, work-study eligible)
- Summer Events Planner (2 positions available)