ISUB Board Bi-Annual Proposal Timeline & Process
The ISUB Board is a body composed of students, faculty and staff that oversees the allocation of spaces, strives to make improvements within our ISUB spaces and promotes fostering a healthy and functional culture of the building for all Vandals.
- Establish meeting time and place of ISUB Board
- Review Constitution and Bylaws
- Review current ISUB space utilization
- Review current ISUB budget
- Collect student feedback- desires and value grading from a scale of 1-5 (Values: Engagement, Growth, Support, and Belonging)
*The bi-annual timeline is strictly for the proposal process. Projects will have their own timeline entirely.
September: Bi-Annual requirements are completed by the board.
October: Proposal Periods open, Board is accepting proposals from student groups, student, or other relevant and recognized parties. Finished proposals can be sent to email@example.com.
November: Proposal Period closes for specifically Renovations Proposals, Board is no longer accepting these types of proposals for Fall. Utilization Proposal Period remains open until February. Board begins Proposal Review Process.
December: Board creates Official Recommendation Report to distribute to the University of Idaho President and Vice-President for Finance and Administration.
January: Bi-Annual requirements are completed by the board.
February: Proposal Period opens, Board is accepting proposals from student groups, student, or other relevant and recognized parties. Finished proposals can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-Feb: Proposal Periods close, Board is no longer accepting proposals for the Spring.
March: Board begins Proposal Review Process.
April: Board creates Official Recommendation Report to distribute to the University of Idaho President and Vice-President for Finance and Administration.
Utilization Proposals deadline: February 18, 2022 (Spring)
Renovation Proposals deadlines: November 26, 2021 (Fall) & February 18, 2022 (Spring)
Must complete ISUB Space Renovation-Utilization Proposal Form and submit with information on:
- Utilization or Renovation Proposal?
Changing the purposed use of vendor, office, or common space where there is alteration of vendor contracts or financial impact greater than $1000.
Consist of aesthetic changes, structural changes, furnishing additions/remodels with impacts greater than $1000 for public spaces
- The proposal itself.
- If your proposals will displace another space, what is your proposed resolution for the displaced office?
- Relevant background information describing the need behind the proposal.
- Estimated financial impact.
- Estimated budget required for project
- Estimated financial contribution.
- Complete a scheduled presentation at one of the board’s regularly scheduled meetings during the review period.
*If your office/department is wanting to make very minimal changes (i.e. painting, light changes, etc) you will be responsible for covering the costs if applicable. The ISUB Board may be able to provide costs in addition upon approval.
- Board votes on which proposals to review
- Ensure we move forward with proposals that do not conflict one another.
- Two categories of proposals: Utilization and Renovation.
- Presentation on proposal by the office/department/student
Proposal Review Process Markers:
- Space/Financial Impact Review (How will this impact space and finances of ISUB?)
- Reorganization Possibility (How will this impact space elsewhere on campus?)
- Legal Review (Is this legal? Are there policies in place that prevent this?)
- Feasibility Review (Is this actually feasible?)
- Student Feedback Cross-Check (Does this proposal fit in with student needs found on survey?)
GRAY - Proposal was submitted, but the board decided not to go through full review.
GREEN - Clears all Markers, we recommend this proposal.
YELLOW - Clears some markers-may need to hold on internally and re-review later or send back to proposer for more information.
RED - Does not clear markers, we do not recommend this proposal.
Full ISUB Board Recommendation Report:
- Current Space Overview
- Current Financial Overview
- Student Feedback Summary
- Summary of Proposals
- Recommendation Section (Gray, Green, Yellow, and Red Recommendations)
This report is approved by majority vote of the ISUB Board at quorum. Pending approval, this report is then distributed to the University of Idaho President and Vice-President for Finance and Administration.