- Apply for U of I admission
- Determine whether you are an in-state or out-of-state resident
- Read about the Isakson and Roe Act
- Out-of-state residents may qualify for the Yellow Ribbon tuition assistance program.
- Transfer military and other institutional transcripts.
- Army, Navy, Marines, & Coast Guard use Joint Services Transcript.
- Air Force uses Community College of the Air Force
- Visit Financial Aid
- Students using VA education benefits may still be eligible for financial aid.
- Applying for all university merit-based scholarships and financial aid is a simple step-by-step process. Learn more
Apply for VA Educational Benefits on VA.gov
This will take up to six weeks. Plan accordingly.
Our office highly recommends students set up direct deposit. You will need your bank account information, including routing number and your account number.
Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA, please ensure the Military and Veterans Services Office receives a copy. We cannot process your VA Educational Benefits without proof of your COE.
Schedule VA Educational Benefits Orientation
Please contact the Military and Veteran Services Office to set up an orientation meeting by emailing email@example.com or calling 208-885-7989 or 208-885-7979.
Request GI Bill® Certification
Students must submit a new GI Bill® Certification Request each semester they plan on using VA Educational Benefits.
Students using the Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) qualify for:
- Textbook Stipends – Based on number of credits taken, student can receive up to $1,000 per year, $41.67 per credit or $125 per three-credit class.
- Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)/Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) – Up to $1,307 per full month (100 percent eligibility)
Idaho Residency for Tuition Purposes
The Admissions Office determines resident or non-resident status based on a student's application.
Isakson and Roe Act
Law prevents state colleges or universities from charging veterans out-of-state tuition.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.