Yellow Ribbon Program
The University of Idaho is a Yellow Ribbon Program school. This means:
- All Idaho resident tuition and fees are paid by the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- 100 percent of out-of-state tuition is covered through an agreement between the University of Idaho and the Veterans Administration.
- Around 75 Yellow Ribbon placements are available to students each academic year.
- Placements are granted on a first-come, first-served basis, with currently enrolled students grandfathered into the program. When placements are filled, applicants are placed on a wait-list.
To be eligible for the program, students must:
- Be approved for VA Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits at 100 percent
- Be admitted to the University of Idaho
The following are not eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program:
- Active Duty personnel
- Spouses of Active Duty personnel using Transferred Entitlement
- Fry Scholarship recipients who attended terms that began prior to August 1, 2018
- PDF copy of your GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility
You can apply for initial application and acceptance into the program on the GI Bill Certification form.
Only apply if you do NOT qualify as an Idaho resident for tuition purposes.