Business Leadership Certificate
Become a Leader in Your Organization
Do you want to become a leader in your organization? Then CBE's certificate in business leadership is for you. Designed to offer a solid foundation in both leadership theory and practice, you'll develop the people skills necessary to mentor and lead teams and the analytical skills to make data-driven decisions in the workplace. Earning a certificate in business leadership, you'll learn how to:
- Acquire talent, lead and teams and motivate people to achieve goals and innovate.
- Recruit, mentor, lead and resolve conflict in hybrid and remote learning settings.
- Make decisions using data and use analytics to provide visual insights for businesses to improve performance.
- Discover types of funding sources available to entrepreneurs and new businesses and how each effects a start-ups financial future.
With a business leadership certificate from the University of Idaho, you'll be ready to kick off or expand your career in:
- Organizational Trainer
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Development Specialist
Courses for this certificate include:
MHR 310: Leading Organizations and People (3 credits)
Learn to acquire and deploy human capital, lead individuals and teams and inspire and motivate people to achieve goals and innovate.
MHR 312: Applied Leadership (3 credits)
Engage in leadership exercises including recruiting, mentoring, resolving conflict and leading in hybrid and remote learning settings.
MIS 440: Data Visualization for Managerial Decision Making (3 credits)
Use data analytics to inform decision making and provide visual insights for businesses to improve long term predictions and actions.
ACCT 482: Enterprise Accounting (3 credits)
Discover the trade-offs of various funding sources available to entrepreneurs launching new businesses and how each effects financial statements.