University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

International Scholars/Faculty

International Scholars

J-1 Scholars most often visit the University of Idaho to conduct research in one of the many diverse departments at the University. A J-1 scholar does not pursue a course of study but instead works within a specific department and for a specific supervisor or faculty member to conduct research in his or her field of expertise.

Learn More

International Faculty/Staff

When foreign nationals are hired for permanent or temporary full-time teaching and/or research faculty positions, the departments and prospective employee will work with the International Programs Office in choosing the correct visa status. Usually the H-1B immigration category is used initially.

Learn More

International Programs Office

Physical Address:
901 Paradise Creek St.
LLC Bldg. #3
Moscow, ID 83844

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive
MS 1250
Moscow, ID 83844-1250

COVID-19 Information for international students, employees and scholars

Phone: 208-885-8984

Fax: 208-885-2859