Fiscal Year-End Deadlines
FY21 (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021)
Deadlines for charitable gifts to be processed in FY21 are listed below. These deadlines determine the fiscal year the gift is credited for donor society recognition purposes and the year that gift revenue is recognized on University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. financial statements. Donors are strongly encouraged not to wait until the last minute to make their gift. University Staff who handle gifts are required to deliver all gifts promptly to the University of Idaho Foundation Office prior to the deadlines shown below.
Information and Gift Transmittal Forms are available online.
Cash or Checks
- Checks/cash must be physically received by the U of I Foundation Office no later than noon (PDT) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021 to be counted in FY21. Please note that postmarks don’t count for fiscal year-end deadlines.
- Electronic transfers of marketable securities: Electronic transfers must be completed by the donor’s transfer agent in a timely manner to ensure that the securities are credited to the University of Idaho Foundation’s brokerage account on or before Wednesday, June 30, 2021. Securities received electronically after June 30 will be recorded as FY22 gifts. Please contact us if your donors require stock transfer instructions.
- Stock certificates: Stock gifts are typically transferred electronically to the Foundation. If in the unlikely event a donor has paper stock certificates to transfer, the Certificates and signed Stock Powers (separately mailed) must be physically received by the Foundation office no later than noon (PDT) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
Credit Card or EFT
- By mail or hand delivered: must be received by the Foundation Office no later than noon (PDT) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
- By phone: Credit card gifts must be called into the Foundation office at 208-885-4000 no later noon (PDT) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
- Online Credit Card gifts: https://www.uidaho.edu/givenow Donors must enter credit card gifts no later than 9 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, June 30, 2021. UIF accepts all major credit cards.
- In-kind gifts received by the beneficiary unit in FY21 should be reported to the Foundation Office no later than noon (PDT) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021. Submit documentation to the address or email noted below. Note: In-Kind gifts physically received by campus units prior to June 30 but not reported to the Foundation Office until after July 1 will be recorded as FY22 gifts.
University of Idaho Foundation
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3143
Moscow, ID 83844-3143
Mary E. Forney Hall
1210 Blake Avenue Room 102A