Fiscal Year-End Deadlines
Fiscal Year 2019
Deadlines for charitable gifts to be processed in FY19 are listed below. These deadlines determine the fiscal year the gift is credited for donor society recognition purposes and the year that gift revenue is recognized on University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. financial statements. Donors are strongly encouraged not to wait until the last minute to make their gift. University staff who handle gifts are required to deliver all gifts promptly to the University of Idaho Foundation Office prior to the deadlines shown below.
Information and Gift Transmittal Forms are available online.
Cash or Checks
- Checks/cash must be physically received by the U of I Foundation Office no later than 4 p.m. PDT on Friday, June 28, 2019 to be counted in FY19. Please note that postmarks don’t count for fiscal year-end deadlines.
- Electronic transfers of marketable securities: Electronic transfers must be completed by the donor’s transfer agent in a timely manner to ensure that the securities are credited to the University of Idaho Foundation’s brokerage account on or before Friday, June 28, 2019. Securities received electronically after June 30 will be recorded as FY20 gifts. Please contact us if your donors require stock transfer instructions.
- Stock certificates: Stock gifts are typically transferred electronically to the Foundation. If in the unlikely event a donor has paper stock certificates to transfer, then Certificates and signed Stock Powers (separately mailed) must be physically received by the Foundation office no later than 4 p.m. PDT on Friday, June 28, 2019.
Credit Card or EFT
- By mail or hand delivered: must be received by the Foundation Office no later than 4 p.m. PDT Friday, June 28, 2019.
- By phone: Credit card gifts must be called into the Foundation office at 208-885-4000 no later than 4 p.m. PDT Friday, June 28, 2019.
- Online Credit Card gifts: Credit card gifts can be made online at uidaho.edu/giving. Donors must enter credit card and EFT gifts no later than 9 p.m. PDT on Sunday, June 30, 2019. UIF accepts all major credit cards.
- In-kind gifts received by the beneficiary unit in FY19 should be reported to the Foundation Office no later than 4 p.m. PDT on Friday, June 28, 2019. Submit documentation to the address or email noted below. Note: In-kind gifts physically received by campus units prior to June 30 but not reported to the Foundation Office until after July 1 will be recorded as FY20 gifts.
University of Idaho Foundation
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3143
Moscow, ID 83844-3143
Mary E. Forney Hall, Room 105
1210 Blake Avenue