The Interfraternity Council (IFC), is a peer governance organization comprised of an elected executive board and a voting body of senators representing each recognized member organization at the University of Idaho. The IFC promotes the development of fraternity members on campus by providing educational development, leadership opportunities, peer accountability and fostering lifelong committed members of our values-based fraternal organizations.
The Interfraternity Council believes that fraternities thrive when they embrace their responsibilities, lead with integrity, and ardently advocate for their fundamental rights. The Interfraternity Council at the University of Idaho is committed to achieving a value added experience rooted in the foundational values/principles of our member organizations.
- Citizenship: Fraternity men must be responsible, respectful and inclusive citizens of their community.
- Accountability: Fraternity men have the responsibility to hold each other accountable to their fraternal ideals and expectations.
- Choice: Fraternities have the responsibility and right to select members who align with their ideals and expectations.
- Opportunity: Every student at the university has the right to seek membership in a fraternal experience on terms he determines best fit his needs.
- Fairness: For justice to effectively be administered, fraternity members and organizations must provide and be afforded fundamental due process rights.
- Interfraternalism: Member chapters stand in solidarity with one another and collaborate to meet and maintain accountability to the Standards of the North American Interfraternity Conference (NIC).
IFC Business Meetings:
- IFC Senate meetings are currently held biweekly, and all chapter presidents or designated representatives attend. Guest speakers are welcome and encouraged to attend in-person meetings in order to build coalition around specific projects or partnership requests. Want to attend an upcoming meeting? Email us »
IFC Fraternity Growth & Recognition Timeline:
New and returning chapters timelines have already been agreed upon by the University of Idaho Interfraternity Council and the National Headquarters of the incoming chapter(s). New invitations and agreements will be made with the fraternity chapter that has been on the waitlist the longest.
New and returning chapters must also comply with recognition processes through the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life and the Interfraternity Council.
Current Chapter Expansions:
- Spring 2022: Alpha Sigma Phi
- Summer 2022: Sigma Alpha Epsilon (effective June 20, 2022)
- Fall 2022: FarmHouse
Next Available Date:
- Spring 2026
The Interfraternity Council reserves the right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to alter, amend, change, modify, delete, revise, or restate the terms of this Growth and Expansion Timeline and may do so without providing advance notice
Have a question about a particular chapter or how the Greek system works? Contact us »
- IFC Bylaws pdf
- Register for IFC Fraternity Recruitment
- IFC National
- AFLV National
- Health and Safety Programming Report Form pdf
- 12-03-2019 docx
- 02-04-2020 docx
- 03-03-2020 docx