Have a great career in technology. Learn new skills. Make a difference. Join the Office of Information Technology (OIT) team at the University of Idaho!
University of Idaho and the Office of Information Technology (OIT) focus on people and the mission of a land grant university, “We were founded to make a difference”. OIT provides the tools and opportunities, through technology, to educate future leaders, create new knowledge through cutting edge research, advance the arts, and solve problems for Idaho and the world. Who wouldn’t want to be part of that?
OIT is responsible for programming, application administration, classroom technology, cybersecurity, networking, servers and storage, user support and many other areas of technology support. Positions open regularly, so start your U of I job search. Don't feel like you check all the boxes for a position? If you are excited about a role with us, we encourage you to apply! Bring a positive, customer-service oriented attitude and a desire to help and you will be successful. Come be a part of the Vandal Family!
OIT is a team, backing each other up to allow for work/life balance. We enjoy getting together for ad hoc gatherings, annual holiday potluck/white elephant and spring picnic with brisket contest (we are all non-voting judges). If you want to make a difference, come join the OIT team.
OIT’s people are its most valuable resource. The university’s success depends on you and we are invested in your success. OIT offers opportunities, flexibility and resources to help you meet your goals while achieving a work/life balance. Full-time employee benefits include:
- Competitive salaries combined with a great benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plus health care spending accounts
- Generous paid vacation leave and sick time and 11 holidays
- Excellent retirement plans
- Comprehensive initial training to get you started, followed by regular professional development opportunities and the time to take them!
- Flexible work arrangements including work schedules and location when position and opportunities allow it
- Ability to get your degree or pursue your interests while working
- Take classes at highly reduced prices (includes spouse and children)
- Support from OIT to flex your schedule to attend your classes
- Career advancement opportunities
- Leadership by experienced IT professionals
- And many, many more…
Higher education is responding to new digital world; meeting students, faculty, and staff where they are at. OIT is key partner helping the university deliver success in all its forms. With technology’s importance continuing to grow, it is an exciting time to be part of this change and the University of Idaho is on the rise. We are the No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West (US News & World Report) three years running, we are one of the 25 best Outdoor Schools in America (Best College Review) and are ranked in the top 8% Best Colleges in the Nation (Princeton Review). Learn some fast facts about U of I.