2024-25 Financial Aid Updates
In an effort to ease the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process, the application went through a complete overhaul for the upcoming 2024-25 as a part of the FAFSA Simplification Act.
Stay up to date on all important changes to FAFSA. For to-the-minute information about the 2024-24 FAFSA, follow the U.S. Department of Education.
FAFSA Opening Delayed
The FAFSA is now available for the 2024-25 academic year. Learn more about FAFSA and how to apply.
FAFSA Data Transmission Delayed
On Jan. 30, the U.S. Department of Education announced a delay in sending FAFSA data to schools. Originally scheduled for late January, this data will now be sent in the first half of March. This delay presents some challenges, as it affects our ability to process financial aid packages and provide students with timely information about the cost of college.
University of Idaho Deadlines Extended
FAFSA Filer Scholarship Extension: We've extended the deadline for the new FAFSA Filer scholarship. File your FAFSA by April 1 and apply for admission to U of I for an automatic $100 FAFSA Filer scholarship. (Only available to new, incoming undergraduate students.)
Financial Aid Award Acceptance Deadline: We've extended the deadline for you to accept financial aid awards from May 1 to June 1. We want you to have time to make the right decision for yourself and your family.
Other Financial Aid Resources Available
We understand that this situation may cause uncertainty, so we're here to assist you. Here's how you can access support and resources:
- Financial Aid Office: Reach out to our Financial Aid Office for personalized assistance.
- Virtual Event: Join us for a virtual event on the FAFSA and Net Price Calculator.
- FAQs and Updates: Learn more about FAFSA and how to apply, including updates regarding financial aid.
- UIdaho Bound: We hope to see incoming students on campus this spring or summer for UIdaho Bound. Experts from our financial aid team will be able to assist during the event.
- Calculator: Use our new net price calculator to estimate your scholarship and financial aid eligibility!