See the 4-H projects page for a complete list of 4-H record book guidelines and project requirements. We also encourage you to review the Youth Exhibitor, Livestock Rules and Auction sections of the Owyhee County Fair Book. The Fair Book is typically available in July.
The minimum period of time for ownership (or as the primary caregiver) for beef, dairy, goat, sheep and swine breeding animals fed and exhibited at a 4-H sanctioned event will be 90 days, or as noted in the Idaho's 4-H Project Requirement Handbook. If a project animal is leased by a 4-H member, a complete written and signed copy of the lease agreement must be returned to the UI Extension office by the required ownership date.
- Livestock project checklist (Beef, Goat, Sheep, and Swine - market & breeding) (PDF)
- Dairy project checklist (PDF)
- Owyhee Cattlemen’s Association (OCA) Beef Heifer Replacement Program Application (PDF) Due June 1
- Snake River Stampede Calf Scramble Application Due June 15
Small Animal Projects
Small Animal activities for Cloverbuds, ages 5-7, please look at our Cloverbud page.
Birds & Poultry
- Cat project checklist (PDF)
- Dog project checklist (PDF)
- Rabbit project checklist (PDF)
- OCHL Guidelines and Rulebook (PDF)
- OC Horse Record Book Addt'l (PDF)
- OC Green Horse (PDF)
- Horses are Fun - horseless project (PDF)
- PNW 4-H Horse Project Guide (PDF)
- Horse Identification & Health Record (PDF)