Family and Consumer Sciences
Families face many challenges on a day-to-day basis. UI Extension, Nez Perce County provides research-based information on healthy aging, food safety and preservation, nutrition and resource management.
Transferring Non-titled Assets
There are several factors to consider when developing a plan to transfer your personal property. Passing down family heirlooms and mementos (such as photos, dishes and other personal belongings) often creates more challenges than titled property such as houses, cars or savings accounts. Non-titled property may or may not have financial value but often has sentimental, historical or emotional meaning for both the giver and receiver.
Communication Across the Generations
Each generation brings diverse perspectives, values, needs and expectations. Learning to accommodate and appreciate different styles can bring people from multiple generations together to communicate effectively and meet group goals.
Food Safety and Preservation
Home preservers who want to keep their food safe and nutritious should follow current methods. Information about food preservation and food safety is available at the UI Extension, Nez Perce County office.
Pressure Canner Testing
- Pressure canner dial gauges need testing yearly, and more often if you use your canner all year long. Bring your gauge to the UI Extension, Nez Perce County office for testing. We can test it within 24 hours, and sometimes even while you wait.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning
- Safe Food Handling — Partnership for Food Safety Education
- University of Idaho Food and Nutrition
Eat Smart Idaho
Eat Smart Idaho provides nutrition and physical activity education for Idahoans with limited resources. Eat Smart Idaho helps adults and families learn the basics of healthy eating, smart shopping, food safety, quick meal preparation, management of limited grocery dollars and increased levels of physical activity.