The Lapwai Community and Nez Perce Tribe formed the Lapwai Community Action Team to address the Community Review recommendations using University of Idaho Extension’s Community Coaching for Grassroots Action. This group is open to any community members who are interested in getting involved.
Several projects have been identified, including the following:
- Healthy Lapwai — Skateboard Park in Lapwai
- Heritage and the Arts — Directory/registry of local artists
- Land, Government, Sustainability and Civic Responsibility — Identifying and removing rundown structures in the community
- Youth and Education — Motivational speakers to inspire community youth
- Economic Development — Report on local and regional business incubators that may be a model for Lapwai
Contact UI Extension, Nez Perce Reservation if you would like to be added to the Lapwai Community Action Team email list.
Be sure you are canning safely. Download the USDA’s free publication, Complete Guide to Home Canning.
Your pressure canner should be tested annually. Contact UI Extension, Nez Perce County for pressure canner testing.