4-H Volunteers and Officers
Volunteers are the heart of 4-H. They help Idaho’s youth become productive, well-educated citizens who care about their communities.
You can volunteer for a day, a week, a month or a year. Please call the UI Extension, Madison County office at
4-H Volunteer/Leader Information
Application and Requirements
Organizational and Project Leaders
- Zsuites Support Page and where to find the Volunteer Tip Sheet
Organizational leaders work in an advisor role with the club officers and members to develop their annual club calendar, plan meetings and community pride activities, oversee club project leaders and serve as the club’s adult liaison to the local UI Extension office.
Project leaders provide expertise and guidance for members within a given area of interest. They typically secure the project curriculum and schedule project meetings.
- Club Project Agreement Form (PDF)
- Lesson Plan Template (Word) (PDF)
- Madison County Leader Guide (PDF)
- Civil Rights Training for Volunteers (PDF)
- Teen Opportunities Handbook (PDF)
Officers are elected by the club’s members and provide leadership for the club. They plan meetings, develop agendas, establish committees and keep minutes and accurate financial records while ensuring that all members have a voice and active role within the club.
- Annual Club Plan of Meetings (PDF). This worksheet helps clubs plan their meetings for the upcoming year.
- Officer Handbook (PDF). This handbook explains the roles of club officers.
- Secretary Record (ZSuite). Every club is required to submit a club secretary’s book to the county fair.
- Annual Club Financial Summary covering the most recently completed 4-H year (Oct. 1–Sept. 30) is prepared, along with the Audit Committee Certification (PDF).
Signed copies of these documents must be submitted to the UI Extension, Madison County office by Nov. 1.
We also highly recommend filling out a Club Inventory Form (PDF) at this same time. This should be done at the end of each year, especially if there is a change in treasurer leadership or club status. It ensures that everyone knows that it is the property of the club.