- Fair Book (PDF)
- Livestock Rules, Condensed (PDF). Basic rules for livestock participation in the Madison County Fair and Market Sale.
- Livestock Rules, Full (PDF). Detailed version of rules for livestock participation in the Madison County Fair and Market Sale.
Breeding & Non-Market Animal Projects
- Madison County Heifer Futurity Program Rules (PDF) and Entry Form (PDF). This program is open to all 4-H and FFA members (not only beef projects). It is a two/three year futurity project.
Market Animal Projects
All 4-H members are required to include a growth chart of their animals in their member portfolio with their record book.
- Beef (one per animal) (PDF)
- Goat (one per animal) (PDF)
- Sheep (one per animal) (PDF)
- Swine (one per animal) (PDF)
- Rabbit (PDF)
- Poultry (PDF)
- All Electronic Growth Charts (Excel)
Bill of Sale and Proof of Ownership
Members must have either Bill of Sale or Proof of Ownership for each animal entered.
These forms include information on upcoming weigh-ins for specific animals, including date, time, location and rules.
Project Planning Resources
- Project Planning Worksheet (PDF). Estimate the costs involved with a market animal before purchasing the animal. This worksheet is especially great for beginners.
- Livestock Budget Template (Excel) (PDF). Budget your market animal project to help you stay on track with your expenses.
- Livestock Statistics Report (PDF). A two-year average of past Jr. livestock sale statistics to help your planning and budgeting process, including current year feeding periods.
- Thinking Backwards to Get Ahead (PDF). This worksheet goes hand in hand with the project planning worksheet and livestock budget template to help in your planning and budgeting process.