4-H Projects and Camps
Gain knowledge and responsibility as you care for and raise project animals. Animals range from beef, sheep, dairy and swine to goats, poultry and rabbits.
Many members save sale proceeds from market animals to pay for college and training after high school.
The 4-H Horse Program aims for you to gain:
- Leadership, initiative, self-reliance, sportsmanship and other desirable character traits.
- Pride in owning and being responsible for a horse or pony.
- Appreciation of horseback riding as wholesome and fun.
- Safety knowledge to prevent harming yourselves, others and your mounts.
- Greater love for animals and a humane attitude toward them.
Family and Consumer Sciences
Family and consumer sciences projects relate to you, your home and your family. You’ll learn about a topic that interests you and get hands-on experience making a product or doing a fun activity or experiment.
Example project areas and activities: We are always looking for volunteers to mentor youth in a club environment for these projects. The projects we offer are limited to available volunteers.