4-H at Madison County Fair
The Madison County Fair gives youth in 4-H and Future Farmers of America (FFA) the chance to show off their hard work.
After meeting requirements, including record keeping, project completion, service projects and club meetings, youth are able to show their project at the county fair level.
Youth also have the opportunity to participate at the Eastern Idaho State Fair level if they receive a blue ribbon or better at the county fair.
Home Arts and Science
Livestock Forms and Event Registration
- Beef Open Show Event Registration Form (PDF)
- Madison County Heifer Futurity Program Rules (PDF) and Entry Form (PDF). Open to all 4-H and FFA members (not exclusive to beef projects). It can be a two or three year futurity project.
- Pee Wee Event Registration Form (PDF). Waiver required by every youth that is participating in the Pee Wee shows at the Madison County Fair.
Horse Show and Working Ranch Events
- Madison County Horse Show Rules (PDF)
- Horse Show and Working Ranch Class Registration (PDF). All 4-H/FFA members planning to participate in the 4-H/FFA Horse Show at the Madison County Fair must turn in a registration form to the UI Extension, Madison County office.
- Helmet Scholarship Application (PDF). Apply for free helmets through the UI Extension, Madison County office.
Madison County 4-H/FFA Market Animal Sale
Youth gain self-confidence and build their communication skills by participating in the 4-H/FFA Market Animal Sale. They explore important parts of 4-H Market Animal Projects, such as developing marketing plans and establishing relationships with prospective buyers.
- Stock Sale Buyer Brochure (PDF). For youth to take to prospective buyers.
- Boost Agreement Brochure (PDF). For add-ons and prospective buyers.
- Buyer Registration Form (Word) (PDF). For prospective buyers at the Market Sale.
- Marketing — Buyer Invitations Publication (PDF). To help youth contact buyers and market themselves and their animal.
- Writing Buyer Thank You Notes (PDF). To help members write appropriate thank you notes to buyers and boosters.
- 4-H/FFA Livestock Committee (PDF). Current livestock committee member list and meeting schedule.
- Madison County Livestock Statistics Report (PDF). To help members budget their market project.