Each year UI Extension, Ada County offers horticulture workshops and classes based on interest and availability.
- Helpful, environment-friendly information on how to use yard waste
- Hands-on composting experience
- Opportunity to be certified as a Master Composter
Classes (PDF) offered in the spring or fall. Check with UI Extension, Ada County for specific dates and times.
Spring Garden School
- University of Idaho Master Gardeners and Edward's Greenhouse
- Feb. 9 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Limited seating, registration at 8 a.m.
Easy Composting Workshop
Time and Date: Pending. Look for it in the fall.
Where: University of Idaho Extension, Ada County — 5880 N Glenwood St., Boise
To express interest, submit Easy Composting Registration Form (PDF) to our office.
Through teaching and community service, Master Composters become leaders and educators on backyard solid-waste management in their communities.
Participants completing the three sessions of composting workshops and the required practicum hours are certified as Master Composters.
- 3 composting workshops
- 20 hours of hands-on practicum