Idaho Master Gardener Program
Each year, hundreds of Master Gardeners share their gardening knowledge as they serve their communities and the environment.
What Idaho Master Gardeners Do
- Answer horticulture questions (by telephone and in person at the UI Extension office)
- Promote environmental responsibility
- Bring the joy of gardening to all ages
- Teach classes for large groups: civic organizations, church groups, garden clubs, schools and others
Becoming an Idaho Master Gardener
If you are interested in being certified as an Idaho Master Gardener, the course information and applications can be found at the following links:
Submit your application by email or by standard mail at 5880 Glenwood Street, Boise, ID 83714. Seating is limited, so apply early. For updates on the program, please contact our office at 208-287-5900.
- 40 hours of class work.
- 40 hours of hands-on practicum.
- Effective practice in public communications skills.
Check assignments and announcements.
Advanced Master Gardener Program
The Advanced Master Gardener (AMG) Program is a series of in-depth horticulture classes that strengthen gardening skills and knowledge. Participants must be certified as Idaho Master Gardeners and be invited to attend.
- 36 hours of AMG classes.
- 33 hours of hands-on practicum.
Continuing Master Gardener Program
The Continuing Master Gardener (CMG) Program allows Idaho Master Gardeners to maintain their certification year to year even if they have limited time. Participants must be certified Idaho Master Gardeners and be invited to attend.
- 21 hours of CMG classes.
- 21 hours of hands-on practicum.