Food Safety and Preservation
Food safety education maintains the health of Idaho residents by limiting outbreaks of foodborne illness.
UI Extension provides food safety training classes and in-person and telephone consultations.
Master Food Safety Advisor
The Master Food Safety Advisor program teaches participants how to safely preserve food products with both online modules and hands-on format. This program also teaches food safety, food storage and more.
Advanced Master Food Safety Advisor
The Advanced Master Food Safety Advisor program is for those who have completed Master Food Safety Advisor training and volunteer requirements. It provides ongoing monthly educational sessions in food safety and preservation.
The recertification fee is $25.
Please email Nikki Telford for more information.
Submit food safety questions by email or call
- The Pressure Canner — How It Works pdf
- Altitude Adjustment for Home Food Preservation pdf
- Frequently Asked Canning Questions pdf
- Drying Fruits and Vegetables, PNW397
- Pickling Vegetables (PNW 355)
- Canning Fruits (PNW 199)
- Canning Vegetables (PNW 172)
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Fresh Preserving.com
- Eat Smart Idaho