Know Your Government Conference
Feb. 18-20, 2023 in Boise, Idaho
The Know Your Government (KYG) program mission — Empowering youth to be well-informed citizens who are actively engaged in their communities and the world.
KYG is held each Presidents Day weekend in Boise while the legislature is in session.
The conference is designed for youth in grades eight to nine to:
- Learn how state government decision-making works.
- Influence state government.
- Learn how the state judicial system works.
- Find out how cases are brought to court.
- Observe the legislative process in action.
- Share ideas with legislators, judges and other elected officials.
- Have breakfast with legislators and judges.
- Meet teens from across the state.
Registration open Dec. 2022
The KYG Conference is offered for 8th and 9th grade 4-H youth interested in learning more about our government and how it works. This year, the 2023 KYG Conference will be held at the Boise Center and the Capitol.
Delegates and chaperones are required to provide their own transportation to and from the district bus stop locations. COVID safety measures will be followed in accordance with the University of Idaho policy at the time. The registration fee is $225 for delegates and $150 for Steering Committee members and chaperones. Attendees will register through Zsuites and must be enrolled in 4-H for the current year.
Details about the conference will be made available with a link to a OneDrive folder after registration. If you have questions regarding the KYG Conference, please contact Mike Knutz at email@example.com.