Know Your Government Conference
Feb. 17-19, 2024 in Boise
The Know Your Government (KYG) program mission — Empowering youth to be well-informed citizens who are actively engaged in their communities and the world.
KYG is held each Presidents Day weekend in Boise while the legislature is in session.
The conference is designed for youth in grades eight to 10 to:
- Learn how state government decision-making works.
- Influence state government.
- Learn how the state judicial system works.
- Find out how cases are brought to court.
- Observe the legislative process in action.
- Share ideas with legislators, judges and other elected officials.
- Have breakfast with legislators and judges.
- Meet teens from across the state.
Registration Open Dec. 5
The Know Your Government Conference is offered for grades 8-10 youth interested in learning more about our government and how it works. Youth may only attend the KYG conference as a delegate two (2) years. Additional years are only available to youth selected to serve on the Steering Committee.
The 2024 KYG conference will be held at the University of Idaho College of Law, the Boise Centre, Ada County Courthouse and the Capitol.
Bus transportation to Boise is provided for participants. Delegates and chaperones are required to provide their own transportation to and from the district bus stop locations.
The registration fee is $225 for delegates and $175 for steering committee members and chaperones. Attendees register through Zsuite and must be enrolled in 4-H for the current year.
Details about the conference will be made available after registration closes Feb. 5. If you have questions regarding the KYG conference, please contact Mike Knutz at email@example.com.