Know Your Government Conference
Feb. 16-18, 2019 in Boise, Idaho
KYG is held each Presidents Day weekend in Boise while the legislature is in session. The theme for 2018 is "Celebrating 30 Years of Impact." The conference is designed for students in grades eight to nine to:
- Learn how state government decision-making works.
- Influence state government.
- Learn how the state judicial system works.
- Find out how cases are brought to court.
- Observe the legislative process in action.
- Share ideas with legislators, judges and other elected officials.
- Have breakfast with legislators and judges.
- Meet teens from across the state.
Youth and adults need to complete the Know Your Government application form through 4HOnline before Nov. 13, 2017. Counties will review applications and make selections by Dec. 11, 2017. All youth and adults selected will be notified and can proceed to register for the event.
Registering for the Event
Once notified by the county that the application has been approved, youth and adults may register for the event through 4HOnline. The youth registration fee of $150 must be paid to your county. Registration fee for adults and steering committee members is $110. Fees include lodging and most meals at the conference. A separate bussing fee will be determined by each district and must be paid to your county office.