The University of Idaho is committed to continual improvement of our events and the safety and comfort of our guests. In the interest of enhanced safety, we will be enforcing our clear bag policy and conducting bag checks at all the entrances for the Moscow commencement ceremony.
Only small clutches and clear purses no larger than 4.5 inches high x 6.5 inches wide will be permitted for graduating students, faculty and staff participating in the ceremony. ONLY bags that are clear and meet the size restriction will be permitted.
The University of Idaho is a tobacco-free campus; the use of cigarettes, e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco is not permitted on university property.
- Aerosols of any kind, including silly string
- Alcoholic beverages
- Backpacks of any kind, including clear, drawstring or cinch bags
- Balloons, beach balls, Frisbees, bubbles, glitter, confetti
- Bottled drinks/water or food from outside vendors
- Briefcases or luggage of any kind
- Camera bags and camera lens bags/holders
- Coolers or insulated containers
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
- Fanny packs
- Fireworks or explosives
- Glass, thermal, or metal containers
- Illegal drugs
- Laptop or tablet bags
- Laser pointers
- Mace/pepper spray
- Noisemakers (horns, whistles, etc.)
- Oversized purses
- Packages or wrapped gifts
- Pets of any kind
- Selfie sticks, monopods and tripods
- Weapons of any kind (including toy weapons)
- Any other item determined to be a potential hazard
Please leave unauthorized items in your vehicle; the University of Idaho cannot store or safeguard items that are not permitted into the Kibbie Dome. Guests declining inspection or in possession of prohibited items will not be allowed into the Kibbie Dome. Guests in possession of prohibited items inside the Kibbie Dome will be asked to leave immediately. A guest who does not leave when asked will be considered a trespasser. Guests who are disruptive during the ceremony will be removed from the stadium immediately and will not be allowed re-entry. Guests assume all risks and damages that may occur while attending the commencement ceremony.
- Cameras with lenses less than 4 inches
- Cellphones (silenced during the ceremony)
- Certified service animals
- Chairback stadium seats/seat cushions as long as they do not have pockets or zippers and are no larger than 18 inches x 18. inches.
Please be courteous and remain in your seats for the duration of the ceremony. Do not block any aisles or walkways by attempting to greet or take photos with degree candidates. Pictures must be taken from your seat in the audience.
For safety reasons and to honor the formality of the event, degree candidates are prohibited from bringing children on stage to accompany them as they receive their diploma cover. Space is limited on stage and there are no guard rails. Consideration of this safety hazard should be exercised in order to avoid any potential injuries.
Anyone who sees anything suspicious should immediately contact a uniformed usher or the Moscow Police Department at 208-882-2677, or dial 9-1-1.
In the event of an emergency, an announcement will be made to direct graduates and attendees to exit the Kibbie Dome in a safe and orderly manner.
If such an event were to occur, please move to the nearest marked exit as quickly and safely as possible.
Once you have exited the Kibbie Dome, please use mobile phones to arrange to meet your graduate or family member.