M.Engr. Nuclear Engineering
Harnessing Nuclear Potential
This program provides the technical education and quality research experiences you need to meet the wide demand for qualified nuclear engineers and scientists. Areas of specialization include nuclear fuel processing, materials, radioactive waste treatment and management, thermal behavior and measurement, nuclear systems design and modeling, and applications of nuclear process heat.
- Location – this program is offered at the University of Idaho, Idaho Falls
- Industry Experience – unique opportunities to work with leading researchers at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL).
- Nationally Ranked for Best Value – the only public college in Idaho to be ranked a best value college by Forbes, Money, U.S. News and World Report and The Princeton Review.
- Highest Mid-Career Salary Earnings of any 4-year public college in Idaho – Payscale
- 87% Graduate with a Job or are enrolled in graduate education – Career Outcomes Survey
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. Most faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.