EXPO Engineering the Future VIP Experience
The University of Idaho College of Engineering invites all Idaho high school students who are interested in engineering to apply for our EXPO Engineering the Future VIP Experience.
Applications for our 2023 cohort are closed. To receive emails about next year’s program, please subscribe to our K-12 email list through email preferences.
Mentorship + Innovation = Vandal Engineering
The EXPO VIP Experience is a mentorship-focused program. Selected applicants are invited to an all-expenses-paid visit on our Moscow campus during our nationally recognized Engineering Design EXPO.
Slots are limited. Selections will be made by Friday, March 24.
- Engage in mentorship activities alongside a current Vandal engineering or computer science student ambassador
- Network with professional engineers, industry partners and other students
- Explore projects that push the boundaries of science and technology during our Engineering Design EXPO
- Tour labs and learning spaces
- Experience a day in the life of an engineering student at the University of Idaho College of Engineering
The below schedule is subject to change.
|Thursday, April 27|
|11:15 a.m. - 12 p.m.||Check-in | JEB thinkTANK|
|12:15 - 1 p.m.||Lunch | IRIC Atrium|
|1:10 - 1:55 p.m.||VIP Dessert Reception with Alumni and Mentors | IRIC|
|2 - 5 p.m.||Learning Activities (Class/Lab Visists, College Tour, Senior Capstone Presentation) | U of I Campus|
|5:30 - 6:30 p.m.||Dinner with Mentors | TBD|
|7 - 9:30 p.m.||Open Gym at the Rec | U of I Student Recreation Center|
|Friday, April 28|
|8:45 a.m.||EXPO Opening Ceremony | ICCU Arena|
|9 - 10:30 a.m.||Design Expo Capstone Projects | ICCU Arena|
|10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||STEM Activity Carnival | ICCU Practice Court|
|12:30 - 1:15 p.m.||Lunch and EXPO Keynot Speaker | ICCU Arena Bleachers|
|1:30 p.m.||Closing | Depart for home towns|
Frequently Asked Questions
- One hotel room, one night paid by U of I College of Engineering (night of Thursday, April 27
- All meals covered by U of I College of Engineering
- Gas/travel reimbursement through U of I College of Engineering
Reimbursement details will be communicated to selected participants.
- Application form opens January 30
- Form closes March 17
- Selection decisions will be made by March 24
- VIP Participant confirmation needed by March 31