Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering
Advanced Nuclear Studies
Earn your doctorate in a program that provides the advanced technical education and quality research experiences you need to work in pollution-free energy. You may specialize in nuclear fuel processing, materials, radioactive waste treatment and management, thermal behavior and measurement, nuclear systems design and modeling or applications of nuclear process heat.
- Location – this program is offered at the University of Idaho, Idaho Falls
- Industry Experience – unique opportunities to work with leading researchers at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL).
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- 91% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – Career Outcomes Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. Most faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.