Yacine Chakhchoukh, Ph.D.
Yacine Chakhchoukh, Ph.D.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 1023
Moscow, ID 83844-1023
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Paris-Sud XI University (France), 2010
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Paris-Sud XI University (France), 2005
- Engineering Degree, Electrical Engineering, National Polytechnic School of Algiers, 2004
- Cyber-security for the smart grid
- Power transmission and distribution systems
- Phasor Measurement Units (PMUs) integration in the power systems
- Power state estimation
Yacine Chakhchoukh received the Engineering Degree in electrical engineering from the National Polytechnic School of Algiers (Algeria) in 2004 and the master's and doctorate degrees both in electrical engineering from Paris-Sud XI University (France) in 2005 and 2010. His industrial experience was with the French Electrical Transmission System Operator (RTE, France) where he conducted research from 2006 to 2009. He also worked at the Technical University of Darmstadt (TU Darmstadt, Germany) and Arizona State University (USA) as a postdoctoral associate. Before joining the University of Idaho, he was a project assistant professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (Japan) where he worked on cyber-security applied to the power systems area.
- Y. Chakhchoukh and H. Ishii, Cyber security for power system state estimation, in J. Stoustrup, A. Annaswamy, A. Chakrabortty, and Z. Qu (editors), Smart Grid Control: Overview and Research Opportunities, Springer, pp. 241-256, 2019.
- Y. Chakhchoukh, V. Vittal, G. T. Heydt and H. Ishii, "LTS-Based Robust Hybrid SE Integrating Correlation," in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 3127-3135, July 2017.
- Y. Chakhchoukh and H. Ishii, "Enhancing Robustness to Cyber-Attacks in Power Systems Through Multiple Least Trimmed Squares State Estimations," in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 4395-4405, Nov. 2016.
- Y. Chakhchoukh and H. Ishii, "Coordinated cyber-attacks on the measurement function in hybrid state estimation," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 2487-2497, Sept. 2015.
- V. Murugesan, Y. Chakhchoukh, V. Vittal, G. T. Heydt, N. Logic and S. Sturgill, "PMU Data Buffering for Power System State Estimators," in IEEE Power and Energy Technology Systems Journal, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 94-102, Sept. 2015.
- Y. Chakhchoukh, V. Vittal and G. T. Heydt, “PMU based state estimation by integrating correlation,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 617--626, March 2014.
- Q. Zhang, Y. Chakhchoukh, V. Vittal, G. T. Heydt, N. Logic, and S. Sturgill, “The optimal buffer length of for the PMU measurements when integrated into state estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 28, no.2, pp.1657--1665, May 2013.
- A. M. Zoubir, V. Koivunen, Y. Chakhchoukh and M. Muma, “Robust Estimation in Signal Processing: A Tutorial-Style Treatment of Fundamental Concepts” in IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 61-80, July 2012. 2017 IEEE SPS Signal Processing Magazine Best Paper Award.