General Schedule Summary
- Two Poster Sessions
- Session 1: 8:30-10 a.m.
- Session 2: 12:30-2 p.m.
- Two Oral Sessions (7-minute presentation plus 3-minute Q&A)
- Session 1: 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Session 2: 2:15-4:15 p.m.
- Award Deliberation: 4:15-4:45 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony: 4:45-5 p.m.
Friday, April 30, 2021
Poster Session 1 — 8:30-10 a.m.
- Rachel Schmidt — Camping Trends Among Millennials & Influences on Well-Being and Sustainability
- Trezlyn Bartschi — A Critically Appraised Topic: The effect of sEMG biofeedback with therapeutic exercise on patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Christopher Alfiero — The Effect of Warming Up With Weighted-Vest Sprints on Endurance Running Performance During a Graded Exercise Test & 1-Mile Time Trial
- Rahman Anjorin — Black males successfully navigating the academy
- Lori Manzanares — The Road Less Traveled: From Student Affairs Practitioner to a Faculty Member with a PhD in Higher Education
- Justin Holmes — Dietary Behaviors of United States Navy and Marine Corps Aviators
- Christian Vaughn — The Effect of a 12-week Whey or Plant-based Protein Supplementation Intervention on Body Composition, Blood Lipids, & Glucose in Division I Men’s Basketball, Tennis, and Golf Players
- Samantha Brooks — Nutrient Intake, Body Composition, and Performance Parameters of Wildland Firefighters’: A Longitudinal Analysis
Oral Session 1 — 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- 10:15-10:25 a.m. — Caden Gatlin — The Effect of a High Intensity Run to Volitional Fatigue on Drop Jump Performance
- 10:30-10:40 a.m. — Devin Green — Comparison of Wearable Devices In Assessing Leg Stiffness During Treadmill Running
- 10:50-11:00 a.m. — Allysen Olsen — Spectacular Experience: Understanding the Bidirectional Communication Through Dance
- 11:05-11:15 a.m. — Nickolai Martonick — Effects of instrumented massage on factors of delayed onset muscle soreness
- 11:20-11:30 a.m. — Rachel Schmidt — Motivation & Eating Pathology Among Female Ultra-Runners
- 11:35-11:45 a.m. — Lukas Krumpl — Kinematic Assessment of Stages of a Graded Exercise Test (GXT)
- 11:50 a.m. to Noon — Hannah Michelle Bideganeta — Aerobic and anaerobic fitness and body composition are improved in collegiate dancers following 6-weeks of high-intensity interval training
- 12:05-12:15 p.m. — Julia Keleher — Black Men in Higher Education: The Intersections of Race and Sexuality in Mentoring
Poster Session 2 — 12:30-2 p.m.
- Laura Spataro — The Effect of Running to Exhaustion During a Graded Exercise Test on Leg Stiffness in Endurance Runners
- McKenna Cobbley — Organized Approaches to Increase Cancer Screening Rates in Idaho
- Annabelle Lyne — Dr. Owen Troy
- Eulalia Gallegos Bulitron — Schools In Idaho: The Experience of a Latinx Family
- Chris Merica — Survey Development Examining the Association of Socialization and Physical Educator CSPAP Involvement
- Vera Sotirovska — Developing a Pre-service Teachers’ Critical Literacy Beliefs Instrument
- Mike Reynolds — Suicidality in High-School Adolescents in Jerome, Idaho
- Susan Rose — Managing Pushback: Mental Health Themes in YA Literature
- Katie Wilson — When tragedy becomes the teacher: What we can learn from suffering in order to flourish
- Youngmin Chun — Altered Landing Strategies by Box Height and Its Effects on Drop Jump Performance
- Hannah Joy Nurre Brouwer — Impact of Pelvic Floor Training Program on Female Athletes Suffering from Stress Urinary Incontinence Incidences
Oral Session 2 — 2:15 - 4:15 p.m.
- 2:15-2:25 p.m. — Alexandro Johnson — Brain Drain and North American Tribes
- 2:30-2:40 p.m. — Emma Vigil — Prevalence of normal weight obesity & health risk factors for the female collegiate dancer
- 2:45-2:55 p.m. — Justin David Lyon — Motor Module Comparison Between a Collegiate & Recreational Athlete
- 3:00-3:10 p.m. — Mark Sowa — Existential Coaching Education: A Pedagogical Pathway to Alleviate Anxiety and Increase Coping Skills of Collegiate Female Swimmers
- 3:15-3:25 p.m. — Rachel Freedman — Assessing Variables that Increase Stress on Parents and Caregivers of Children and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 3:30-3:40 p.m. — Julie Poynsenby — “Telling our Stories”: schitsu’umsh Undergraduates Explore Place-Attachment and Identity Through Visual Narratives
- 3:45-3:55 p.m. — Amanda Palmer — Development and Validation of the Sports Management Values Choice Inventory
- 4:00-4:15 p.m. — Yudi Zhu — Alexa, let’s chat