Michael Kroth, Ph.D.
Michael Kroth, Ph.D.
322 E. Front Street, Suite 440
Boise, Idaho 83702
- Ph.D., University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Training and Learning Technologies 1997
- M.B.A., University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Human Resources emphasis, 1992
- B.A.F.A., University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, BAFA Theater Arts, 1976
Journal of Industrial Teacher Education award for Outstanding Article in Conceptual Category, for A Heuristical Motivation Model for Leaders in Career and Technical Education, 2008.
University of Idaho Hoffman Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2008.
TLT Outstanding Student Designation — University of New Mexico, Training and Learning Technologies Program, College of Education, 1996.
Beta Gamma Sigma — National scholastic honor society for students in business and management.
Phi Kappa Phi — National academic honor society.
Kappa Delta Pi — International Honor Society in Education.
Dr. Michael Kroth is Professor of Education in the Adult, Organizational Learning and Leadership Program at the University of Idaho - Boise. He has written or co-authored five books including Transforming Work: The Five Keys to Achieving Trust, Commitment, and Passion in the Workplace (2001); The Manager as Motivator (2006); Career Development Basics (2009); Managing the Mobile Workforce: Leading, Building, and Sustaining Virtual Teams (2010); and Stories of Transformative Learning (2014). His latest book is Profound Living: Essays, Images, and Poetry.
Michael curates and writes for Profound Living with Michael Kroth (www.profoundliving.live), an online site with essays, photos, and poetry dedicated to contemplating what it means to live a profound life.
Profound Learning, Living, and Leadership
- Kroth, M., Anderson, K., & Carr-Chellman, D. (2019). Profound Living: Essays, Images, and Poetry (K. Anderson, M. Kroth, & D. Carr-Chellman Eds.): The Center of Profound Living (self-published).
- Kroth, M. & Cranton, P. (2014). Stories of Transformative Learning. Rotterdam, Netherlands: Sense Publishing.
- Clemons, D. & Kroth, M. (2010). Managing the Mobile Workforce: Leading, Building, and Sustaining Virtual Teams. New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Kroth, M. & Christensen, M. (2009). Career Development Basics, Alexandria, VA: ASTD Press.
- Boverie, P. E., Kroth, M. & Seung Il Na. (2008). My Passion and Work, and Happiness. Seoul, Korea, Sigma, Press. (Korean edition of Transforming Work: The Five Keys to Achieving Trust, Commitment, and Passion in the Workplace)
- Kroth, M. (2008). The Manager as Motivator. Russia, Moscow: EKSMO Publishing House (Russian Language Edition)
- Kroth, M. (2006). The Manager as Motivator. Westport, California: Praeger Publishing.
- Boverie, P. E., & Kroth, M. (2001). Transforming Work: The Five Keys to Achieving Trust, Commitment, and Passion in the Workplace, New Perspectives in
- Organizational Learning, Performance, and Change. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Pub.
Refereed Journals (selected)
- Kroth, M. & Carr-Chellman, D.J. (2020). Conceptualizing profundity through metaphor. New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development. 32(1), 5-16
- Kroth, M. & Carr-Chellman, D. J. (2020). Profound Learning: An Exploratory Delphi Study. International Journal of Adult Education and Technology (IJAET), 11(2), 14-23. doi:10.4018/IJAET.2020040102
- Carr-Chellman, D.J. & Kroth, M. (2019). Public School Teachers' Experiences of Profound Learning. Studies in Adult Education and Learning. 25(3), 107-123. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4312/as.220.127.116.11
- Kroth, M. & Carr-Chellman, D.J. (2018). Preparing profound learners. New Horizons in Human Resource Development and Adult Education, 30(3), 64-71. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/nha3.20224
- Carr-Chellman, D. J., & Kroth, M. (2017). The Spiritual Disciplines as Practices of Transformation. International Journal of Adult Vocational Education and Technology, 8(1), 23-35.
- Kroth, M. (2016). The Profound Learner. Journal of Adult Education, 45(2), 28-32.
I have written extensively for these two blogs, both of which focus on the practical aspects of profound living and learning. I invite you to explore them.
- Profound Living with Michael Kroth: https://www.profoundliving.live/
I am the creator and curator of this blog, which was established in late 2017. I have written over 100 essays for this site to date.
- The Profound Bartender: https://theprofoundbartender.wordpress.com/
I am the co-creator, with my brother, of this blog and have written over 75 essays for it to date. It was established in late 2017.