Eligibility and Application Information
The McNair Scholars Program serves the following student populations:
- Low-Income and First-Generation Students
- You are considered a financially limited (low-income) college student if you fall under the federal low-income threshold. Guidelines can be found on the Department of Education website.
- You are a first-generation college student if your parents or legal guardian(s) did not receive a four-year degree before you were 18.
- This includes members of the following groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaskan Native, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 4 semesters left in your undergraduate degree
- Minimum 2.75 GPA (Incoming Sophomore Standing) / 3.0 GPA (Incoming Junior Standing)
- Sincere commitment to enroll in academic/research graduate programs (not including professional degrees such as MD, JD, DVM, MBA, etc.) immediately after graduation.
Contact email@example.com for any questions regarding eligibility.
Begin Your Application Here
The application consists of four parts that do not need to be submitted all at once. The deadline for Fall 2023 consideration is April 28, 2023. We encourage interested applicants to take their time in applying to ensure a quality application submission.
Part 1: Online application
Part 2: Statement of Purpose - sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part 3: Two letters of recommendation - sent directly from the recommenders to email@example.com
Part 4: Unofficial transcripts and income verification form - sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the below links to begin your application. You will need to navigate separately to each part.