Teacher Education Programs
The University of Idaho Teacher Education Program offered through the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences (EHHS) Student Services provides the background, skills and experience needed to teach early childhood education through the 12th grade. Our program offers in-classroom, hands-on experience through service learning and partnerships with local schools, which collectively prepares students to become certified teachers.
Our teacher preparation process prepares students to become certified teachers. We offer a variety of resources to meet your goals:
- Teacher Education Advising
- Meet with an advisor to discuss career goals and get help designing an academic plan.
- Admission to the Teacher Education Program
- After meeting the prerequisites for the teacher education program, you may apply for admission.
- If enrolled in the Secondary Education MAT program, return to advisor the Teaching Majors & Minors Concentration form.
- Student Teaching Internships
- A student teaching internship prepares students with hands-on classroom experience. It is required for all areas of certifications.
- Apply for Degree & Program Completion
- Complete the application for degree or program completion. This application is due by the end of the semester prior to the semester of graduation/completion.
- Apply for Education Certifications
- The Idaho State Department of Education’s application for certification should be filed at the end of your last semester.
- Apply for Academic Certificate in Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and Universal Design for Learning
- To add this certificate to your degree audit, visit this curriculum change page.
Email EHHS Student Services for help on admission, certification, documents, application for degree and more.