When it is necessary to evacuate a building due to a fire alarm or other emergency, it is critical that all occupants are able to do so in a timely manner. This requires a clear and unobstructed path to the building exterior (see Corridor Use Exemption form - Word) and a plan known and executed by all occupants.
All university employees and students should be aware of emergency evacuation procedures. Environmental Health and Safety has developed general emergency evacuation procedures, and each department should supplement these procedures with department-specific information. These procedures should be posted in every department and distributed to all building occupants.
For more information, please review APM 35.21: Fire Emergencies and Response and APM 35.22: Emergency Evacuation Procedures.
- Fire Extinguisher Hands-On Training
- Fire Extinguisher Use
- Fire Safety - Flammable Liquids
- Fire Safety - General
- Fire Safety in the Workplace
- Welding, Cutting and Brazing Safety
For more information
Fire Safety Specialist
- Fire Safety Handbook pdf
- Fire Safety Plan Instructions pdf
- Fire Safety Plan Template docx
- Emergency Evacuation Plan Instructions pdf
- Emergency Evacuation Plan Template doc