A firm footing for infrastructure.
The integrity of a bridge, highway, building or other structure depends on the integrity of the earth on which it stands. Geological engineers have the expertise to help ensure these types of structures are built on or in solid ground.
This program combines courses in geological engineering, civil engineering (soil mechanics), hydro-geology, and site characterization. You will learn how to combine skills in geology and engineering to assist in the design and construction of civil engineering projects, evaluation of geologic hazards, and development of natural energy resources.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a related field
- Have a strong foundation in math, physics and science
- Are interested in geology
- Enjoy working in the outdoors
- Like to solve complex problems
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Geological engineer
Computer Engineering, M.Engr.