Yellow Ribbon Tuition Assistance
The University of Idaho is a Yellow Ribbon Program school. This means:
- All Idaho resident tuition and fees are paid by the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- 100 percent of out-of-state tuition is covered through an agreement between the the University of Idaho and the Veterans Administration.
- Around 75 Yellow Ribbon placements are available to students each academic year.
- Placements are granted on a first-come, first-served basis, with currently enrolled students grandfathered into the program. When placements are filled, applicants are placed on a wait-list.
To be eligible for the program, students must:
- Be approved for VA Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits at 100 percent
- Be admitted to the University of Idaho
- Be enrolled in classes full-time — 12 credits for undergraduates, 10 credits for Law School students and nine credits for graduate students — for the upcoming semester
- NOT be on active duty at any time during the semester for which you’re applying for the program. Students also are not eligible if they are on terminal leave, even if that leave is for a single day in the term
- PDF copy of your GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility
- Electronic copy (screenshot, scanned printout, etc.) of your U of I class schedule. Please save as PDF or JPEG.
To find your class schedule online, log in to VandalWeb, click Student Information/Registration Menu, click Registration Menu and click Schedule by Day and Time. A drop-down menu will ask you to Select a Term. Find the applicable term and click submit.
This form is for initial application and acceptance into the program. It does not need to be submitted more than once.
Only apply if you do NOT qualify as an Idaho resident for tuition purposes.