Larry Craig ASUI Leadership Endowment
The U.S. Senator Larry E. Craig ASUI Student Leadership Endowment is directed toward students who excel in their education and who show potential to succeed in their field of study.
Senator Craig established the endowment in support of leadership development to provide unique opportunities for students to acquire knowledge, skill, and value from direct experiences or experiential learning.
Students are encouraged to use the award toward a leadership opportunity, project, or volunteer opportunity of their choice.
A student will only be considered for this award through staff or faculty nomination. Nominations are currently closed for this award. Please check back here for nomination deadlines during the spring 2021 semester.
The nominee has shown:
- Commitment to his or her education;
- Respect for the integrity of the classroom; and
- Potential to succeed in their field of study.
The nominee is encouraged to be in his or her junior or senior year of study.
The ideal nominee will have a purpose for the award funds relating to the following:
- Attendance at a field-related conference;
- Alternative Service Break or other civic engagement; or
- Principle or skills based leadership training.
Intended endowment use is not a nomination requirement, but declaration aids greatly in the selection process.