Resources for Teachers and Chaperones
Whether they are investigating various ecosystems in Ponderosa State Park, eating delicious meals or sleeping in rustic cabins at MOSS, students will develop a sense of place, build scientific literacy and develop effective collaboration and communication skills.
Below you will find a timeline of activities and tasks leading up to your program. Click on the accompanying buttons to learn more about what is outlined.
Before The Program
- Receive the confirmation letter
- Pay the non-refundable deposit within 14 days
- The Facilities Use Agreement (FUA) – we will ask for contact information and send you the FUA along with the request for certificates of insurance.
90 Days Before Program
- Teachers complete the Pre-Program Questionnaire
- Teachers complete and email the Program Agreement to email@example.com
- Check out the MOSS Education Curriculum & Philosophy
- Check out the Residential Programs Schedule
- Share enrollment information with all program participants – students, teachers, staff, chaperones, and supporting adults
1st time enrollment
2-3 Weeks Before The Program
- We will transfer communication to the Program Coordinator
- The Program Coordinator will set a time for the pre-program phone call
- Optional: Schedule a chaperone meeting via Zoom with your Program Coordinator before your arrival
- Share the MOSS Store Info
MOSS Field Instructors are primarily University of Idaho graduate students being trained in the fields of pace-based education, science communication, ecology and leadership. Field instructors are in a learning laboratory throughout their year-long graduate residency program. Graduate students gain experience and feedback in enthusiastically communicating with students, engaging students in the practices of science and engineering, and managing risk in a field setting. Field instructors are supported by University of Idaho, College of Natural Resources faculty and staff who help to integrate cutting-edge science into our practices and curriculum.
Program Arrival Day!
3 p.m. Arrival @ the McCall Field Campus
+4 or 5 Days
10 a.m. The program concludes and participants depart the McCall Field Campus
Pay the balance due
The University of Idaho McCall Outdoor Science School welcomes all students and will provide accommodations for individual needs to our best ability. Learn more about the University of Idaho’s Nondiscrimination Policy.