Steven Daley Laursen
Steven Daley-Laursen, Ph.D.
Professor of Natural Resource Policy and Administration, and Senior Executive, Office of Vice President for Research and Economic Development
CNR 19G and Morrill Hall 403
Department of Natural Resources and Society
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1139
Moscow, ID 83844-1139
- Ph.D. Forest Science, College of Forestry, Wildlife and Range Sciences 1984, University of Idaho, Moscow ID
- M.Sc. Forest Resources Management, College of Forestry, Wildlife and Range Sciences 1979, University of Idaho, Moscow ID
- B.Sc. Conservation and Resource Development, College of Ag and Natural Sciences 1975 University of Maryland, College Park MD
Daley-Laursen, S.B. 2000. A university-community partnership for research and education on regional development: Minnesota’s regional sustainable development partnerships at the University of Minnesota. Proceedings: Soil Science Society of America. Minneapolis Minnesota. November 5-9.
Finley, F.N., J.J. Cogan, and S.B. Daley-Laursen. 1998. CELL - The University of Minnesota Center for Environmental Learning and Leadership: A cooperative enterprise. Proceedings International Environmental Education Research Conference. Helsinki, Finland.
Steinberg, S.J. and S.B. Daley-Laursen. 1997. ForNet: Delivering spatial data to forestry professionals in a natural resource management agency and to the public. Society of American Foresters National Convention. Memphis, Tennessee. October 4-8.
Steinberg, S.J. and S.B. Daley-Laursen. 1996. ForNet: Delivering spatial data to natural resource managers and the public. Geospatial Information Age- International Resource Technology Conference. Seattle, Washington. April 12-16.
Laursen, S.B. 1995. A description of the riparian forest resource in the State of Minnesota: land area, ownership, cover type, and disturbance. Proceedings: At the water’s edge-the science of riparian forestry, Duluth, Minnesota. June 1995. 6 p.
- Excellence in Outreach and Engagement Award, University of Idaho 2015
- President, USDA Secretary’s Advisory Council for Research, Education and Economics
- National Advisory Board to the USDA Secretary, 2010-13.
- USDA Secretary Honor Award, Math and Science Program for Tribal Youth, 2000.
- Superior Service Award. CSREES, USDA, Washington, DC, 2000.
- Dean’s Outstanding Team Award for Diversity. University of Minnesota, 2000.
- Outstanding Academic Employee Certificate, University of Minnesota, 1997.
- Alumni Early Career Achievement Award, University of Idaho, 1994.
- Certificate of Superior Service, National Strategic Plan Team USDA-CSREES, 1994.
- President, Nat’l House of Society Delegates, Society of American Foresters, 1993.
- Internship. Title XII Strengthening Grant Pgm for international preparedness 1984.
- Honor Societies: Xi Sigma Pi, 1979: Epsilon Sigma Phi Extension, 1991; Sigma Xi Research, 1978; Phi Kappa Phi Scholastic, 1975; Phi Sigma Biological, 1975.
Principal Investigator, Northwest Climate Science Center, Department of Interior USGS in cooperation with the University of Idaho, University of Washington and Washington State University. www.doi.gov 2010-2015.
Director, Northwest Knowledge Network, University of Idaho and Idaho National Laboratory Cooperating. www.idahoepscor.org
Principal Investigator, A Data Management Framework for Regional Climate Science Centers and Landscape Conservation Cooperatives, US Department of Interior. 2011-2014.