Student Health Center 219
Department of Psychology & Communication
University of Idaho MS 3043
Moscow, Idaho 83844-3043
Diane Carter is a senior instructor in communication.
- Ph.D., Communication, Organizations, & Culture, Washington State University, 2011
- M.A., Communication Management, University of Southern California, 1993
- B.A., Communication, Advertising Emphasis, California State University Fullerton, 1990
Diane Carter spent the better part of the 1990s planning and implementing sports marketing and public relations campaigns for the Motorcycle Division at American Suzuki Motor Corporation. As sports promotions/press relations department manager, Carter was responsible for executing domestic and international new product launches, developing and carrying out public relations campaigns in support of the company's marketing objectives, promoting the company's national race teams, and conducting media training for race team members and corporate executives. She began teaching in 2001 and currently holds the position of senior instructor in the Department of Psychology and Communication Studies at the University of Idaho. Her research interests center on illuminating how unequal power relationships between different social, cultural and political groups are reproduced and reinforced in mass mediated discourse.
- Multimodal Critical Discourse Analysis
- Intercountry Adoption
- Aryuhina, E. G., Krylov, N.P., Chistyakova, V. V., Carter, D.L. (2016, November) Means of
motivation in the context of interactive foreign language teaching: Training Students in Managerial Skills. Cherepovets State University Bulletin 75(6) 130-133.
- You are not a friend: Media conflict in times of peace (with Thomas, R. J., and Dente Ross, S.) 2011, Journalism Studies, 12(4).
- Exotic Babies for sale. In S. Dente Ross and P.M. Lester (Eds.) Images that Injure: Pictorial Stereotypes in the Media, 3rd Ed., 2011, Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, LLC.
- Multimodal Critical Discourse Analysis of Systematically Distorted Communication in Intercountry Adoption Industry Web Sites, 2011, Dissertation. Proquest/UMI.