Read and Write, in French
Whether you want to be in government, education, health care or journalism, a second language is a valuable skill. In this program you will learn to speak, read and write the French language, with courses in conversation, grammar, reading comprehension, and culture and literature. Most students combine a French degree with another interest such as international studies or history.
- Live and study for a semester or a year in France or a French-speaking part of Europe, Africa or Canada.
- Internship opportunities at many study abroad sites.
- Personal mentorship in small classroom settings.
- Opportunity to gain teaching and mentoring experience as departmental tutor.
- International, intercultural competency to enhance employability.