Information for Schools/Visitors
The Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival is held on the campus of the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. The area is served by two regional and one international airport. Each airport has rental car service, and other agencies in the areas provide rental vehicles.
Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport - Pullman, Washington
Approximately 4 miles west of Moscow, served by Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air.
Lewiston-Nez Perce County Regional Airport - Lewiston, Idaho
Approximately 30 miles south of Moscow, served by Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air and SkyWest.
Spokane International Airport - Spokane, Washington
Approximately 90 miles north of Moscow, served by many major carriers.
On campus parking is available throughout the festival. See a detailed map of locations.
Daytime festival transportation is available Thursday and Friday 6:40 a.m. to 7 p.m. by using SMART Transit’s public transportation system. Service is provided at no charge to the rider.
Clear Bag Policy
In 2020, the University of Idaho implemented a Clear Bag Policy. Policies vary depending on what event or venue you are attending on campus.
Expedited “pre check” lines will be provided for all attendees wearing their participant credentials. Signs will be present identifying these “pre check” lines at each entrance. These lines will allow you to enter the facility with your instrument(s) and bags associated with carrying those instruments without screening. Security reserves the right to search these bags at any time. All other bags carrying personal items not associated with your instruments will still be required to be held inside an authorized clear bag. Prohibited items will still be enforced. For a description of authorized clear bags and a list of prohibited items, please see the university's Clear Bag Policy.
Full enforcement of the clear bag policy will be implemented. No pre-check lines will be available. While instrument cases will be permitted, they will be searched. If you have not qualified to perform on the main stage in the evening concert, we strongly encourage you not to bring instruments into the venue with you. Doing so will significantly slow entrance into the facility. In addition, enforcement of all prohibited items will occur. Please remind your students that all outside food and drink will be confiscated upon entry.
Visiting Schools FAQ
Students will have a designated case room to store personal items during their performance time. However, we are unable to provide all-day storage. We encourage students to store belongings on the buses when at all possible.
Performance time for all ensembles, combos and soloists starts the moment they step onto the stage. Please allow a few moments for microphone adjustments as necessary.
Immediately check-in with the greeter at your site. From there, volunteers will direct you where you need to go.
Yes, you can use your own cymbals. All groups are required to use their own cymbals during their performances.
However, the LHJF provides hi-hats for use at every performance site as specified in the rules and regulations. All groups are required to use these hi-hats.
If the setup needs to be changed due to physical issues, such as a left-handed drummer, please note this on the performance forms provided at your site check-in. If your student needs to alter the setup, it is your responsibility to return the equipment to the original setup.
ISUB (Idaho Student Union Building)
- Einstein Bros. Bagels - Enjoy freshly baked bagels, breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, coffee, seasonal specials and more!
- 7 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Qdoba - Qdoba offers flame-grilled, made-in-house Mexican eats like customizable burritos, bowls, tacos and more!
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Ace Sushi - Build your own sushi tray featuring favorites like nigiri, tempura crunch, vegetarian roll and more!
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Chick-fil-A - This express location serves all the delicious main stays one would expect, including the chicken sandwich, spicy chicken sandwich, and chicken nuggets.
- 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday - Friday
- CO-OP On Campus - This on-campus satellite location provides snacks, sandwiches, grab-and-go salads, and fresh baked goods.
- 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday - Friday
Wallace Residential Center
The Eatery (formerly The Hub) - Eat like a Vandal with an all-you-care-to-eat dining experience!
- 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday - Friday
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. & 5-8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
- Thomas Hammer Coffee Roasters – This location serves coffee, baked goods, sandwiches, and other various snack items.
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
LLC (Learning Living Communities)
- Market at Vandal Village - Offers more variety than ever of all your favorite Jack and Olive grab-n-go, snacks, beverages, convenience items and more!
- 8 a.m. – 11 p.m., Monday - Friday
- 11 a.m. – 11 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
- True Burger – True Burger serves up specialty burgers and fries!
- 11 a.m. – 11 p.m., Monday - Friday
JEB (Janssen Engineering Building)
- One World Cafe - Enjoy handcrafted Goose House Bakery pastries, housemade cinnamon rolls, grab-n-go sandwiches, New Zealand Hand pies, hot beverages and much more!
- 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday - Friday
Yes! This option can be utilized for registration - simply select the PO payment option. If you would like to purchase tickets with a purchase order, please contact our office at email@example.com or 208-885-9084.