University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

University of Idaho

Physical Address:
1031 N. Academic Way,
Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Phone: 208-667-2588

Fax: 208-664-1272



U of I CDA Directory Directions

Student Resources

The University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene is committed to you, and a number of resources are available. U of I Coeur d'Alene offers various services and collaborates with North Idaho College to provide additional resources. This information can help you during your academic journey.

There are many dates to remember for registration, financial aid, form submission deadlines and other critical activities. The sites below will help keep things organized.

Advising guides are designed to help students plan their academic transition between North Idaho College and University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene. View the available advising guides.

The safety of our students, faculty and staff is a top priority at the University of Idaho.

Notices and announcements such as school closures, and emergency notifications pertaining to the Harbor Center and North Idaho College will be communicated via the U of I Coeur d'Alene main phone number (recording) and, if appropriate, via local media outlets.

Emergency Phone Numbers

  • Emergency Help — police/fire: 911
  • Coeur d'Alene Fire and Ambulance: 208-769-2340
  • Kootenai Medical Center: 208-666-2000
  • Kootenai County Crisis Line: 208-664-1443
  • Rape Crisis Line: 208-661-2522
  • U of I Coeur d'Alene Switchboard: 208-667-2588
  • North Idaho College Campus Security: 208-769-3310

The class schedule is searchable on VandalWeb or available via the links below.

There are two main locations for U of I courses in Coeur d'Alene

  • U of I Harbor Center: 1031 N. Academic Way in Coeur d'Alene. Free parking.
  • DeArmond College and University Center: 901 River Avenue in Coeur d'Alene. Parking permit through North Idaho College required before 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. 

Additional courses may be offered at the following locations:

  • Molstead Library: Located on the NIC campus. Parking permit through North Idaho College required before 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
  • U of I Research Park: 721 S. Lochsa Street in Post Falls. Free parking.

Classroom assignments are posted on the Class Schedule. If you cannot find your classroom, please contact our main line at 208-667-2588.

There are many resources available to you in the Coeur d’Alene community if you need assistance with housing, finances, food, health, employment, etc. You can find a directory of those resources on the North Idaho Services Directory.

Students have access to a computer lab at the University of Idaho Harbor Center. During the fall and spring semester office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Summer hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There is a printer in this computer lab, with which each student can print up to 250 pages per semester.

24-hour laptop checkout is also available for Coeur d'Alene students.


  • You must be enrolled in a University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene course.
  • You must have a valid VandalMail ( email address.
  • Please bring printed copies of the Notebook Checkout Form and the Borrower's Responsibility Document, filled out and ready to go (except signature section).
  • A state-issued picture ID is required, as stipulated in the Notebook Checkout Form.
  • Visit the Checkout Website for more information and documentation.

For more information, please call our office at 208-667-2588.

Wireless AirVandalGold access is available at the Coeur d'Alene Harbor Center, Post Falls Research Park and in the classrooms at Molstead Library for faculty, staff and students. Contact the Moscow Help Desk at 208-885-4357 for help in gaining access.

Wireless AirVandalGuest access is also available for guests at the Coeur d'Alene Harbor Center and the Post Falls Research Park. Inquire at the front desk at each facility for the password.

If you are enrolled at both North Idaho College (NIC) and U of I and want to receive financial aid, visit the Financial Aid office at NIC to complete a Concurrent Enrollment Form for each semester of concurrent enrollment. The form will be sent to the U of I Student Financial Aid Services office to document the number of credits taken each semester so financial aid can be awarded. Read detailed directions on the process of concurrent enrollment.

At the end of each semester in which you are concurrently enrolled, you need to provide U of I with an official copy of your NIC transcripts.

Coeur d'Alene students have many opportunities to access Career Counseling services throughout the year.

One-on-One Career Advising

Juli Anderson is the on-site representative for Career Services in Coeur d’Alene. Contact Juli for an appointment at or 208-667-2588.

Appointments are also available via phone or webcam with counselors in Moscow. Contact Career Services at or 208-885-6121.


The Career Services advising teams at U of I, Lewis-Clark State College and North Idaho College occasionally offer career and major workshops for Coeur d'Alene students. Contact Juli Anderson at for information.

Hire a Vandal

Hire a Vandal is U of I’s state-of-the-art career management database. As a member of the NACElink Network, U of I provides students and alumni access to thousands of jobs, internships and a range of other services including campus interviewing and resume referrals. Use the NACElink Network today.

Access to Career Information System (CIS)

CIS provides job descriptions, wages, employment outlook, tips and training requirements for 95% of the occupations in the U.S. with Idaho-specific information. It also contains information on owning your own business, colleges and financial aid.

Contact to establish your own account. If you’d like to discuss your CIS results with a career advisor, contact the NIC Career Center at 208-769-3297 or

North Idaho College Career Services

NIC Career Services is located on the second floor of the Edminster Student Union Building. The following services are available to U of I students:

  • IDEAS and Micro-Skills inventories to find out more about your interests, skills and various occupations that might be a good fit for you
  • Exploration and information: libraries, scholarship information, college catalogs, programs of study and careers a
  • Job Search assistance: resumes, interview skills, company information and current job openings

For more information on NIC Career Services, visit or call 208-769-3297.

Free counseling services are available to you as a student benefit. All students who are enrolled in four or more U of I credits are eligible for individual or relationship counseling.

Please contact the Counseling & Testing Center at 208-885-6716 for referral to a Coeur d’Alene counselor.

For immediate mental health services, contact the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare at 208-769-1406. They offer services for adults, children and families who are in need of mental health treatment. Individuals will not be denied services based on inability to pay. A discounted sliding fee schedule is available based on family size and incomes.

The University of Idaho is committed to providing equal and integrated access for individuals with disabilities to all the academic, social, cultural and recreational programs it offers. U of I Coeur d'Alene also is committed to this same philosophy and will work with every student, faculty and staff member in order to accommodate various needs. Contact the Center for Disability Access and Resources at 208-885-6307 or

Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP)

The Idaho State Board of Education requires proof of valid health insurance as a condition of enrollment. This policy is mandatory for all Idaho public universities and colleges and applies to all degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students physically enrolled for classes or completing other required degree work within the state of Idaho.

The health insurance requirement applies to all international students enrolled at the Moscow campus or University of Idaho Centers regardless of degree-seeking status or credit hours. International students are required to purchase SHIP for themselves and their accompanying dependents, or provide evidence of comparable health insurance coverage that meets or exceeds the University of Idaho requirements. International students must complete a separate waiver process through the International Programs Office. Students who are covered by Medicaid will only be allowed to waive participation in the SHIP if the coverage is provided by the state of Washington or the state of Idaho.

The University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene does not offer student housing. See the links below for local business directories to explore housing options:

The ITS Help Desk serves as the primary, central point of contact for any technology assistance you may require as a student. The Help Desk can be reached via email at and by phone at 208-885-4357. Visit ITS to view additional services offered.

University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene students have access to the U of I and North Idaho College libraries. Information for distance education students is available at Library Services

Students who are certified teachers or licensed school personnel also have access to the Regional Special Education Library. For more information, contact 208-292-2528.

Current University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene students are eligible for a reduced membership rate at the North Idaho College Student Wellness and Recreation Center. To receive this rate, you must show a student ID and copy of your current class schedule. For more details, visit the NIC Campus Recreation website.

The Ombuds Office provides a confidential, impartial, informal and independent place to discuss university-related concerns, access information, clarify policies and procedures, discuss response options and get problem-solving assistance. Those using Ombud's services can remain anonymous, if they choose, and in control over what, if any, actions are taken. Use of the Ombuds Office is encouraged when problems arise and individuals are unsure of their options and/or need assistance when pursuing solutions. Call 208-885-7668 or email (Cannot guarantee confidentiality through email — useful for setting appointments)

Most online courses at the University of Idaho are taught through BbLearn

Need Help with BbLearn? Get immediate help when and where you need it by viewing the comprehensive Student Help for BbLearn provided by the University of Idaho. It provides searchable topics and step-by-step instructions.

A transfer pathway is an officially approved agreement used to assist students in taking the appropriate courses at a community college that will transfer for credit toward a bachelor's degree at the University of Idaho. These agreements are designed to help students make a seamless transition when transferring to UI. View the complete list, including North Idaho College.

A VandalCard is your student ID card. To get one, you need to visit the U of I Harbor Center in Coeur d'Alene during regular office hours, show official identification (such as a driver’s license or passport) and have your photo taken. VandalCards typically arrive from main campus in three to four days.

Gear up and show your school spirit with sweatshirts, T-shirts, novelty items and more. Items can be purchased online through the VandalStore.

We also have a few select items for sale at University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene Harbor Center. Stop by anytime during office hours and inquire at the front desk.

University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene students can find support for writing projects through U of I and NIC.

The primary goal of the Writing Centers is to help students become better writers, not just immediately to compose better papers. Writing Center tutors from both institutions are available for all types of projects ranging from applications to research publications.

University of Idaho Writing Center

North Idaho College Writing Center

  • Available face-to-face and online. Walk-ins welcome. 
  • Office hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday | 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Fridays
  • Contact: 208-769-3298 or make an appointment online

University of Idaho

Physical Address:
1031 N. Academic Way,
Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Phone: 208-667-2588

Fax: 208-664-1272



U of I CDA Directory Directions